cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobile Survey Technicians Needed!!

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We have been working for a company called Southern Cross Corporation since last October performing gas leak surveys for natural gas companies around the country. Southern Cross is a need of more traveling technicians and pay a reasonable salary, per diem and travel expenses. They are looking for singles or couples who can relocate in their RV and perform leak surveys in each location. If both people work you will each draw a salary, per diem and travel expense, but two vehicles are required. Most jobs run from 2-3 months or longer. Our current job is a 6-8 month job that looks like we will complete in about seven months.

Here is a link to the information and online application....They provide all training, equipment, etc. Southern Cross

Anyone who gets hired, please use our names as the company also pays referral bonuses...Thank, Ken and Kathy Adams
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
8 REPLIES 8

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
The locations can be wherever they have a contract....big cities, towns, rural, etc. You go where they need coverage.

Sometimes we do park and loops back to the vehicle. Sometimes we hop scotch each other and move the vehicle each time someone gets to it. Right now one of us walking mains and the other is riding off service lines...all depends on the situation. Cannot ride the mains unless the survey calls for it...so far all of ours have been walking, and that is how we are required to do it.

All weather and dogs, if safe...except rain...equipment sucks water into it and that will ruin it.

Walking down the street is much different than walking on all types of terrain...this job is quite physical and is becoming more so as the heat increases

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
We might be interested.I was going to ask privately but I figger that some one else may be curious!
In rural areas, down town or just wherever they send ya ?
How do ya get back to your auto ?
Would a 4 wheeler be useful or small dirt bike ?
Snow , rain,heat, bad dogs ?
I am 69 years olde , but we walk 3 miles ever day and bike several more .I believe that I could handle six or eight miles a day. I can leap short buildings in a single bound !

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
We walk distribution mains and service lines to the meter sets...we average between six and eight mikes a day carrying an 8 pound "detector".

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do ya have to do ? Walk a pipeline with a leak detector ? How many miles ?

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
To clarify the compensation....for a 40 hour week it would be as follows:

$360.00 ($9.00 x 40 hours salary)
$200.00 (Weekly housing/travel reimbursement)
$ 92.00 (minimum $2.30 x 40 hour vehicle use reimbursement)

=$652.00 (40 hour week income of which only the $360.00 is reported and taxed
as the other amounts are considered expense reimbursements)

This equates to $16.30 per hour...in addition, when relocating from one job location to another, you are paid $ .80 per mile for truck and trailer or MH and toad AND $ .55 per mile for additional vehicle if driven to new job site.

We have found this to MORE than cover our relocation expense and our weekly housing and living expenses, which in most other jobs is usually the responsibility of the employee.

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
It's up this morning...

CREATO
Explorer
Explorer
Sight is down
I dont rent out space in my brain

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
moderator note....if you don't like the offer....just move on
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes