cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana registration and insurance

zoro4
Explorer
Explorer
I know that many RV'ers register their equipment in the state of Montana thru the use of an LLC and registered agent, which is exactly what I did. The issue I have now is insurance. I called my registered agent in regards to the issue but they were quite mum on the subject.

What are you guys doing? MT insurance and use your registered agent's address as the home address for the policy? Set up your policy s a "corporate" policy or personal? My local insurance company won't let me add anything owned by my LLC so that is not an option.

Interested to hear what you guys have done.
5 REPLIES 5

zoro4
Explorer
Explorer
All of the vehicles belonging to my LLC have long since been purchased/paid off and taxes paid in full. Just don't like the idea of having to pay for 2 years worth of registration for something that only sees occasional summertime use.

I will look into those insurance agencies, thanks!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Go through Miller Insurance out of Oregon. They'll search around for the best price for you.

However, it sounds like you still live and possibly work in another state. That will probably be an issue.

Full-timers that register in Montana don't have another state to deal with. They've sold their house and don't work. They can choose any state to register.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
It is legal to do so in Montana but more and more states are going after the citizens in there state that do this for tax fraud.

What does your comment have to do with insurance?
Jerry Parr
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
It is legal to do so in Montana but more and more states are going after the citizens in there state that do this for tax fraud.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
National Interstate will insure you.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad