2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
16 REPLIES 16

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
We are actually in New Zealand this week visiting my son and his family who live here. Temps here are; highs about 72 and lows about 65. Very tropical feeling here in Bay of Plenty. We will head back to Northern California late May. Maybe it will be cooled off by then...

Nothing is finer than spending the time rolling in the grass with grand children. Especially if you haven't seen them in more than two years!!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
skipro3 wrote:
Opposite problem in California. Hitting in the 90's in April?!? Yes!! Last year we barely were in the 70's in June. Too freaking HOT for April!

Well c'mon down and cool off at the beach!

70's now - be in high 80's by the weekend.

"Snow" is something in So CA we visit (ski/snowboard) in the afternoon at the local mtns in the *winter* after surfing in the morning.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
darn this global warming. happens every time.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
90s here!! plugged the trailer in to check the A/C,, hopefully its cool enough to have a ripping fire every night!!!

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
Road Dog wrote:
In Wisconsin there are only 2 seasons: Winter and August!

In Illinois, it's Winter and construction.
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
In Wisconsin there are only 2 seasons:Winter and August!

Chuck_Gail
Explorer
Explorer
BRING IT ON!!!!!

So dry that there are WAY too many fires. We need the moisture desperately.
Chuck
Wonderful Wife
Australian Shepherd
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded

Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories

I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going

BeckyIO
Explorer
Explorer
Had about 4 inches last week here in Badlands National Park, least it melted pretty fast. Highs in the 70's the last couple days, but then later this week the weatherman is saying lows below freezing again and a chance for more snow.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as spring weather. During the period of time known as 'spring' a coin gets flipped every day. Heads, it's winter. Tails, its's summer. ๐Ÿ˜›
Becky
Life's too short not to spend it doing something you love.
Lessons on the full-time RVing journey (my blog): Interstellar Orchard

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
It's only May! What do you expect in the Rockies? ๐Ÿ˜„
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
70s and 80s here in Illinois - flowers are starting to bloom and the pollen count is going sky high.

Give me some snow!
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Poppy & Nana wrote:
We're wondering the same thing here in the Adirondack's!

It's down here in Florida. Been in 80's for the last 2 weeks.

But actually we'll be spending most of the summer (if we have one) up in Colorado and Wyoming. Won't get there for 6 weeks tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Opposite problem in California. Hitting in the 90's in April?!? Yes!! Last year we barely were in the 70's in June. Too freaking HOT for April!

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ya' know... as much as this storm wil be good for the continuing spring skiing, I am kinda' over the whole snow thing this winter (and yes... it is still winter in some places of the High Country.)

Around this time of year I normally cease using the snow blower for the driveway... it is starting to melt and it is not fun to try and clear heavy slush. There are several inches of packed chunder that causes ruts when driving through it... and then it freezes! Uhg! I still have a couple of feet in some places around the camper from the the last 3 storms!

Don't get me wrong- these late spring storms in the colder temperature are building up the snow-pack and it is delaying run-off for a few more weeks. I hear from co-workers that this year should be a very good one for rafting. That is not my thing, but they are giddy about that sport as I am about truck camping up here.

"Spring" is when I do not need 4WD to get out of my driveway; It looks as if winter will still last for a couple of more weeks for me
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Mark_Heisler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Alberta getting snow too some place 8-10 inches and freezing temps
2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile