cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

National Park Reservations

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
So, the other day, I booked reservations for Lassen NP online for spring. I noticed a new notification stating that you could not modify your reservation for 15 days. This was not there earlier this year when I booked the same campground for this past September (closed due to fires, so trip was cancelled).

Has anyone noticed this with other National Parks?

I think it will help. A friend booked her campsite, but got the wrong end date (five days too early). The system won't let her modify her dates until Dec 15. But her end date is available as of Dec 12. So, she can't slip in and extend her dates before others have a chance to book. In her case, I suggested she just book a new reservation on Dec 12 for her end date to the correct end date rather than wait to modify her existing reservation. She will still have to compete with others for the additional days which is fair.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)
2 REPLIES 2

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree completely. I just hadn't realized they had implemented it. I do think it is a good move.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:
So, the other day, I booked reservations for Lassen NP online for spring. I noticed a new notification stating that you could not modify your reservation for 15 days. This was not there earlier this year when I booked the same campground for this past September (closed due to fires, so trip was cancelled).

Has anyone noticed this with other National Parks?

I think it will help. A friend booked her campsite, but got the wrong end date (five days too early). The system won't let her modify her dates until Dec 15. But her end date is available as of Dec 12. So, she can't slip in and extend her dates before others have a chance to book. In her case, I suggested she just book a new reservation on Dec 12 for her end date to the correct end date rather than wait to modify her existing reservation. She will still have to compete with others for the additional days which is fair.

This was implemented to cut down on folks deliberately locking in popular sites early and then a week or so later changing to the dates they really want. Some folks making honest mistakes do get caught up by the policy, but the blames goes to those have been gaming the system.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate