cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need RV Options in southwest Denver

treeofliberty
Explorer
Explorer
I've started a three month gig for my company in southwest Denver. I'll be flying home to Phoenix on the weekends. I'd like to spend this time in my fifth wheel, and park it someplace in the area, and commute to Waterton Canyon. Every RV campground I've checked in the area is booked solid for months.

Does anybody have a creative idea? I'd prefer to live out of my RV, rather than a hotel.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tim
Tim

2013 F-350 6.7L Diesel, Crew Cab, Shortbed, Andersen Ultimate 2
2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS, 540 watts of solar, Magnum MS2812 inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2025 and SC-2030, weBoost 4G-M cell booster
5 REPLIES 5

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Also, maybe check Craigslist or something, every now and then I see people advertising an RV spot on their own private property.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
My creative idea is to maybe find an air bnb or something similar to stay in, many will do short term weekly/monthly rentals. As you've seen, there's not a ton of options in Denver metro for RVing, even for just a vacation.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried the Jefferson County Fairgrounds RV park? Also check with the Golden City RV Park (not sure of the exact name, should come up on a Google search)
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

treeofliberty
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
Check out the โ€œflying saucerโ€ RV park on W Hamden in Sheridan Colorado.. not a destination park but not a bad place . Has lots of permanent residents. Also another RV and mobile home park right around the corner on federal blvd. Both kind of โ€œoff the pathโ€ but might very well work for you.

I did try Flying Saucer, and they're booked solid. I will look for the other one you mention. So far, I've tried about 4-5 parks, and they're all booked solid until November.
Tim

2013 F-350 6.7L Diesel, Crew Cab, Shortbed, Andersen Ultimate 2
2017 Grand Design Reflection 29RS, 540 watts of solar, Magnum MS2812 inverter, Bogart Engineering TM-2025 and SC-2030, weBoost 4G-M cell booster

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the โ€œflying saucerโ€ RV park on W Hamden in Sheridan Colorado.. not a destination park but not a bad place . Has lots of permanent residents. Also another RV and mobile home park right around the corner on federal blvd. Both kind of โ€œoff the pathโ€ but might very well work for you.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler