cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need silverware holder for narrow kitchen drawer

Ritkei
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody ever find (or heard of) a silverware holder that is 8 1/2 inches wide or less? Can't seem to find one anywhere! Rubbermaid drawer organizers don't work because they're 3 inches wide, so only 2 fit. Absolutely LOVE our new Alpine 3495FL, except for this tiny little annoyance. Thanks in advance for a solution! (Other than making our own wooden dividers...).
13 REPLIES 13

lpxguy
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I got for the same problem
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 CC DRW D/A(FOR SALE)
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE(FOR SALE)

JKgrizzly
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought an adjustable one from Amazon.

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
We use one of these. Just remove the lid and drop in drawer. You can find them just about anywhere that sell fishing stuff (Dick's, Bass Pro, etc)
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Ritkei wrote:
Anybody ever find (or heard of) a silverware holder that is 8 1/2 inches wide or less? Can't seem to find one anywhere! Rubbermaid drawer organizers don't work because they're 3 inches wide, so only 2 fit.

If you can work in something narrower just use it and with the leftover space use it for big items like pancake turners, ladles, mixing spoons, wisks, etc. Plenty of things would fit in the leftover area. Same goes for the depth. If you have room behind your dividers, use that space for bigger things or things you don't use often.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Mr__Patches
Explorer
Explorer
Used Jagtech's solution on my Bigfoot TC and it fit perfect.

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
HERE'S a narrow silverware drawer insert that comes in Newmar motorhomes.
You'd have to call them for a price.
Well, the link didn't work right. You'll have to put 22534 In the search box and look at the bottom of the page.
Says vendor part #MM3521AWSTY
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
I found a heavy plastic one that was a tad too wide; I ran it through my tablesaw and trimmed off the lip surrounding the edge. Perfect fit!
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found one at Walmart. It is all one piece and isn't too deep up and down either. Fits very nice. White moulded plastic with area for 4 types of long silverware and one smaller area in front where paring knives, bottle opener etc will fit.

daveshan
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a bamboo one from Wal*Mart and cut one of the dividers off to make it thin enough for my drawer in the TC. Just added a bit of wood glue to the divider next to the cut to hold it together. Been working well for almost 4 years now.
'99 Alpine 36SDS/8.3 ISC 330 Cummins
Or
'05 Lance 845
'06 Super duty SC/SB 6.0
Upgrades include: StabilLoads, Air Bags & Timbrens,Swaybars

Usually towing an '01 Wrangler, lifted/locked on 35"s or a mildly built '98 Cherokee on 33"s (only one locker)

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
I made custom wood dividers for my drawers.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

tropicdad
Explorer
Explorer
Ikea could possibly have something, they have more euro style items that may work.
2001 Coachmen Catalina Sport 239SO

The_Fatman
Explorer
Explorer
Most dollar tree Stores Carry a pack of 3 for a Dollar small Plastic baskets 4 will fit 2 wide in the drawer of my Coachman Motorhome