cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some advice/help PRETTY QUICK Please

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
heading to the lake this weekend. just found out that they are calling for boiling water before drinking etc.

no problem about bring some drinking water but wondering about putting this, for lack of a better word, bad water in our tanks.

any advice?

thank you in advance.
23 REPLIES 23

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
ediemarie wrote:
thanks so much! never crossed my mind to fill the tank at home!

Seriously?:h

yep, seriously. thanks for the input.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
DO NOT hookup even just to flush. If the water is contaminated it will contaminate the lines in your RV.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
ediemarie wrote:
thanks so much! never crossed my mind to fill the tank at home!

Seriously?:h
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
nice to see so many fellow Okies!

they had lifted the boil order before we got there but we had gone ahead and filled our tank before leaving home.

was actually a nice "test" for us to see just how much water we use, not much!

thanks so much for all the feedback.

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Had me concerned for a minute there; I'm heading to t-bird next week. Glad it's farther south.

T-bird's pretty nice right now. Just sort of muddy looking, as always.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
'self contained' unit ๐Ÿ™‚ YUP, use it to your advantage. don't hook to bad water supply and keep your RV clean of any possible contamination.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Had me concerned for a minute there; I'm heading to t-bird next week. Glad it's farther south.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
I pretty much keep my water tank full all the time. My rig stays at my house, plugged in & ready to go at a moments notice.

BTW edie, I live 9 miles north of Thunderbird on Choctaw Rd.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely fill at home and use the water pump your whole stay. Then there will be no contamination in your lines.

We always traveled with at least a half-tank because we never knew where we'd be staying and the water situations. We liked to boondock a lot.

Enjoy!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
kalynzoo wrote:
Since you will probably be using park water for flushing you can expect contamination of the water lines to the sinks, unless you stay off the water supply entirely. I would suggest that you chlorinate your fresh water tank after the trip, following the guidelines for sanitizing your tank. It is also possible that the warning if non-biological, such as lead or chemical contamination of the water supply. Again, a complete flushing of the RV water supply when the trip is over seems like a reasonable precaution.

No, just never connect to a bad water system for any reason. Never could understand not filling the water tank.

X2...makes no sense to me.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
Sam Spade wrote:
WNYBob wrote:
You could fill you tank at home with "good" water.

This is too obvious. There has to be more to it than that.
But then maybe not.

thanks for the input sam.

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
malexander wrote:
ediemarie wrote:
heading to the lake this weekend. just found out that they are calling for boiling water before drinking etc.

no problem about bring some drinking water but wondering about putting this, for lack of a better word, bad water in our tanks.

any advice?

thank you in advance.

Which lake you going to, T-Bird?
Since they've had lots of rain down south, maybe they're talking about boiling if using the hydrants.

Murray

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
You could fill you tank at home with "good" water.

This is too obvious. There has to be more to it than that.
But then maybe not.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"