Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Night Lights

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,
Maybe everybody but me has heard of/seen these before but I thought it was worth taking a chance on posting the info.

Was at a neighbors house the other day and noticed these on his kitchen counter plugs. http://www.snappower.com/ I think they are pretty cool for home use but thought they would really work well in the RV.

At his kitchen counter he turned the recepticle up side down in the box so the lights would shine upwards, very effective.

Anyway I am going to order some.
(standard disclaimer, no connection to the company)
Tinbender

Sorry, don't know why it didn't link.
19 REPLIES 19

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. We have the bottom line Newmar diesel motorhome, and it came with little night lights at floor level between the bedroom and kitchen that can be turned on when wanted. Thoughtful feature that cost Newmar little, but certainly improved our satisfaction and enjoyment of our motorhome.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what I use:

This plus a 10,000 milliamp/hour (why they don't just use 20Ah, is beyond me) USB battery pack.

It will easily run the bulb for 8-12 hours, and the light is remarkably bright -- bright enough that I throw it into the back of an overhead compartment so it works as indirect lighting.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
For $15 a pop, I will keep buying the 4 watt bulbs for my old fashioned night light.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

RaenMark
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay, LED's are polarized, you have to make sure you have the positive and negative correct or you'll burn up your diodes. Neat looking product.
Rae & Mark
Bountiful, UT
2005 Alfa See Ya 40
Finally found a rig I can stand up in!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hummm, May not work in every application but, would be handy in some places. Like maybe my house bathroom.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Nice.
But I won't be buying any. $15 each (discount for bulk orders)? No thanks.
We don't use night lights in the house or the motorhome.
We want it DARK after we go to bed!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Jerrybo66 wrote:
Unless the room or hallway was bright during the day the light wouldn't turn off. I had that problem with the standard plug-in night light. I have to use the ones with the switch.

If it's that dark, you need the light. At pennies a year, who cares if it is always on ?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Speaking of staying on, though -- is there some way to turn off the light if for some reason I don't want them on?

No, other than turning off the power to the outlet or shining a light on the photo cell. But shining a light on it kind of defeats the purpose of turning it off, doesn't it. :S :B
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not compatible with RV outlets but they would work on my HD outlets.. I might consider them...

I have two HD outlets, one on each leg, both have nightlights plugged in (But not the type the video shows, these are NE2 lamp/resistor types with rubgberized housing that is very hard to break and pass through outlets so I do not even loose the hole in the wall power comes out of). The reason for the lights.. IF THEY ARE DARK.. i have a power problem (Tripped breaker, park, or lost mains entire park).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of staying on, though -- is there some way to turn off the light if for some reason I don't want them on?

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, that was actually more interesting than I thought it would be. As Jerrybo66 posted, sometimes those "automatic" lights stay on in areas that aren't bright - but, with how little energy LED lights use, that might not be an issue.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the room or hallway was bright during the day the light wouldn't turn off. I had that problem with the standard plug-in night light. I have to use the ones with the switch.
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Nice product.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab