cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obbessive Compulsive Dumpers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.
Jayco-noslide
116 REPLIES 116

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Let me share my somewhat off topic dump station story

I have read in the past folks who have seen this but this was a first for us. (and hopefully we'll never see it again) Were at an Island type station with rv's on both sides. I was about 3/4 done when a guy pulls in on the opposite side with a new Class C. As he walks around I noticed he seemed nervous... well he goes to his black tank valve, opens and lets it rip all OVER the place!! I was shocked, NO SEWER HOSE! Well this made us move even quicker to get the h*** out of there! As we were pulling out I did notice he was at least trying to rinse the mess down with the non potable water hose. I guess his new class C didn't come with a sewer hose....

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
It's sewage. Wear gloves, and wash your hands afterwards.

Yes, even when I handle wet lines while just boating or doing patrols on the Chesapeake Bay. "Dumping" takes on a new dimension here when it rains and millions of gallons of raw sewage are bypassing the treatment plants on all the rivers. Puts a few minutes of waiting for an RV dump into perspective.
Doug

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda wonder what these folks sticks and bricks home looks like? Do they wash the dishes or just brush them off, Heck your just gonna get 'em dirty again! Why clean the toilet, just gonna mess it up again! Why mow the lawn that dern stuff is just gonna keep growin!

Would you fix a sewer leak at home with out gloves or eye protection?

Here's a slight hint,, Sewage is a BIO HAZARD! When you wash your hands don't forget to get under your nails!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
It's sewage. Wear gloves, and wash your hands afterwards.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:

well I think I used gloves the first two times I dumped my tanks and never since. I question the "most".
bumpy

That is the funniest one yet. Why wear protection? It is nothing but..........

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, definitely pass on the gloves. Disposable surgical gloves are a few pennies each, and take a few seconds to put on and remove. It's way better to do it bare handed and end up with a viral or bacterial infection. Heck, a few weeks of feeling like a road kill, or if you're really lucky, a few days of knocking on deaths door, laying in a hospital with all kinds of tubes stuck in you, while the family fights over who gets your gun collection and truck when you're gone.
I should just find that box bag of disposable Harbor Freight gloves and toss em' in the trash. Why be a wimp? Now I'll save at least $0.12 every time I dump.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
shelbyfv wrote:
I think most folks wear gloves, you'll not get much disagreement there so maybe a trolling dead end. .

well I think I used gloves the first two times I dumped my tanks and never since. I question the "most".
bumpy

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
I think most folks wear gloves, you'll not get much disagreement there so maybe a trolling dead end. As far as triple rinsing and polishing the black tank, if that's needed to keep the trailer habitable you might want to revisit your diet.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
This is so funny. One person thinks we expect two minute dumps and another seems to think that two hours is more like it. As usual, the maximum and minimum are both wrong. If it takes someone fifteen minutes to get ready to dump when it is finally their turn, they are probably messing with the rest of us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:

If all you use for guidance in life are written instructions you are still going to be way off the mark.

as you also will be if you ignore all written instructions.
bumpy

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everything in life doesn't have instructions. That's why we had parents.

What an awful world it would be if every nuance of expected behavior required instructions.

If all you use for guidance in life are written instructions you are still going to be way off the mark.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
.... Or check this out to get educated on how to dump:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PT39JI?ref_=imdbref_tt_wbr_aiv&tag=imdbtag_tt_wbr_aiv-20
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
So, I am busy watching the NASCAR race on TV and its boring! SO, i got to thinking, maybe its ME thats wrong about the dump station, SO I turned to the internet and looked for video's and tutorials abut using the "Dump Station".
My observations is,, the common denominators are; Use gloves (its sewage).
TAKE YOUR TIME! As pointed out, this is not a process you should rush through.
Another one is , Enjoy you dumping! One other one I see is the recommendation of Rinsing your black tank!

Now if all of these people are on the internet tell every one else out there to Not rush, wear gloves, be careful etc, Why would I take directions from you all telling me NOT to wear gloves,No hand sanitizer,Go as quickly as possible (lightning speed at minimum)?
And you know,, there are a few out of Georgia,Virginia,Carolina's, and they have that speech draw and they all advise the same things,, Even one guy pointed out,,"It's not a race"!
So if I am trolling, then I suggest you throw information out on the World Wide Web with your Knowledge and suggestions of Dump Station rules and regulations!!
If you bother to learn and watch the video's, some have actually posted signs at the dump station with instructions on how to use it,,And I have stopped the video, zoomed in on the sign and NOT ONE has a time restriction posted!
Maybe up load a video on YouTube so the rest of us can see how to dump and sanitize in less than 2 minutes!
Because I am following the instructions I have taken the time to research!!
Oh,, and would some one please snap a picture of the long long lines at the Dump Stations??
Because I think before you start calling others trolls,, you should look in the mirror first!!

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
soren wrote:
Don't feed the trolls. IIRC, this is not the first time this member has pulled the exact same stunt, claiming that he has a right to tie up a dump station for as long as he pleases. This is nothing but entertainment for him, so don't give him any.
Yep, I agree. Nobody would seriously try to justify spending 30 minutes at the dump station.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer