cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obbessive Compulsive Dumpers?

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a big deal and no offense meant but more amusing I guess. Like I sometimes notice do you ever get behind someone at the dump station that seems a bit compulsive. They seem to have all sorts of "accessories" to clean or something and take a long time fooling around with the process. A relative has this thing called a "macerator" which he things is wonderful but I can't, for the life of me, understand why I would need one. I pull up, whip out the sewer hose, fasten and pull the handle. Takes about 4 minutes.
Jayco-noslide
116 REPLIES 116

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feed the trolls. IIRC, this is not the first time this member has pulled the exact same stunt, claiming that he has a right to tie up a dump station for as long as he pleases. This is nothing but entertainment for him, so don't give him any.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
not the best math skills.
bumpy :s

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
So with 8 in line.... just 4 hours to dump. Way to go!
And yes I have seen 8 in line. I just roll out.

How do you figure 4 hours,, its only 30 minutes. "If you aint First, Your Last"!
If I can see eight in line from where I am camping, I'll stay another night! Not taking it with me!
Also, next time you are eighth in line at a gas station full of RV's, start the stop watch!

And in reality, it wouldn't be four hours, cause the STP pit crew will shave that down for ya,and as I said earlier, I probably wont take that long unless I run into an issue, I usually leave a little time left on the clock,plus, there's the gusher that is going to have to hose the area down cause they forgot something and wound up standing in it!
The again, if your last in line of eight,, Who cares how long it takes! Your the LAST one!That means you didn't plan ahead, the guy leaving as your pulling up is the smart one,not you, your the complainer!
Another funny observation, The last place I took more than five minutes to dump has two lanes,, WHY? So as the next guy can pe-stage, and if I am nice enough I will let you slip you slinky in before I slam the lid and you gotta pay to open it! I have only seen some one do that twice when we were there! And I have never had any one complain like the lot of ya all!
Where are you staying that its a mad rush to dump? Cause I sure don't want to stay there! Must be crowded? And Angry!
If I pay $7 to dump and you have chest pain over that,come up, give me $3.50 and I'll get out of there in ten minutes!
If its a free dump, then sit back and relax! It aint costing you nothing what you complaining about?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmmm ... I don't like to spend any more time then absolutely necessary doing something that I don't like to do ... so I don't like to spend any more time than absolutely necessary dumping our tanks at a dump station. And .... I can be real O.C. in many areas -> such as lining up all the bottles in our refrigerator so that their labels face outwards. (My time in the military may be coming into play with this bottle turning habit!)

HOWEVER, my O.C. behavior does have (logical to me) limits to it. I see no reason to rinse out our RV's tanks during the dumping activities while on an RV trip, and it has nothing to do with how many others might be waiting in line for me to finish. I can rinse them when we get home ... once per trip in other words. Call it laziness or call it efficiency of effort.

The chemicals that I dump into the toilet opening after dumping that help hold down odors slosh around all over inside the black tank when going down the road and scrub it better than any rinsing operation at the dump station could accomplish. As for the grey tank ... the soap that winds up in it surely keeps it scrubbed squeaky clean due to traveling motions sloshing stuff around.

Life is too short to let O.C. behavior waste too much of our - or waste someone else's - time. 😉
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
So with 8 in line.... just 4 hours to dump. Way to go!
And yes I have seen 8 in line. I just roll out.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
Its only 30 minutes,, at most! I have wasted more time waiting for some one to figure out how to put gas in there car! But yet I don't see people flaring about that!
Or how about the time wasted in line at the grocery store while some ,,,,,bumpy tries to figure out how to use an ATM? Or forgot something and one of the baggers has to run and go get while we all just stand there and count ceiling tiles?
But yet when I want a sanitary black tank, I gotta be faster than Mario Andretti's pit crew?
Do you hurry when you use a rest room? I don't!! Thats for sure! I get the job done and then some! I don't give a hoot who's waiting!!
I have yet to see a sign with a time expectation of how long or how quick I should be at a dump station! So if there's no guidance how do you expect every one else to follow Your rules and expectations. Maybe like me they are not in a rush!
Maybe like the DMV they follow all the rules and get the job done completely!
Next time you gotta use a dump station and your not first in line, try finding Pokemon on your smart phone, play a few rounds of solitaire on your smart phone,surf Facebook, chew some gum! Relax, there are NO hard and fast rules!
It is what it is! Just as the reason you are doing this deed,,This to shall pass!

"only 30 minutes"
what a J***
bumpy

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Its only 30 minutes,, at most! I have wasted more time waiting for some one to figure out how to put gas in there car! But yet I don't see people flaring about that!
Or how about the time wasted in line at the grocery store while some ,,,,,bumpy tries to figure out how to use an ATM? Or forgot something and one of the baggers has to run and go get while we all just stand there and count ceiling tiles?
But yet when I want a sanitary black tank, I gotta be faster than Mario Andretti's pit crew?
Do you hurry when you use a rest room? I don't!! Thats for sure! I get the job done and then some! I don't give a hoot who's waiting!!
I have yet to see a sign with a time expectation of how long or how quick I should be at a dump station! So if there's no guidance how do you expect every one else to follow Your rules and expectations. Maybe like me they are not in a rush!
Maybe like the DMV they follow all the rules and get the job done completely!
Next time you gotta use a dump station and your not first in line, try finding Pokemon on your smart phone, play a few rounds of solitaire on your smart phone,surf Facebook, chew some gum! Relax, there are NO hard and fast rules!
It is what it is! Just as the reason you are doing this deed,,This to shall pass!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
anybody who would tie up a busy/crowded public dump for 30 minutes is a ...........
bumpy

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
jake2250 wrote:
And if I go where the dumping is free (probably not in CA)

It's free here in CA for us when we get back from RV trips ... we have a capped 4" sewer opening in our back for dumping the RV's tanks! 😉

(This sure makes it nice for relatively short RV trips.)

Thats a good deal, yeah, I have a sewer clean out in my driveway, I use it to Polish my tank!
I can run my little tank polisher till my heart desires!
Also the storage place I use has free clean out.
But, I don't want to haul it home. Place we frequent at the coast used to be free dumping, but the repaved the place and built new bathroom and showers. But I like my personal throne!
Hence the reason I bought a Fully Self Contained RV!
Any way, I have never run into any one being pushy or in a rush at the crapper dumper, Must be a CA thing.
Matter of fact the time before last I used the dump station, a couple in a class B pulled up behind me as I was running the rinser, They both got out and asked what it was (the garden hose hooked to the rear), when I explained they took interest and we chatted while it flowed.
I explained how some folks might get bent out of shape when you use it, They had a hard time understanding that!
They said "If it helps clean your tank, why would some one get upset"?
I couldn't answer them! It still baffles me why some are in such a rush!
Then I was finished and started to put my stinky Slinky away, I built the 4x4 plastic hose storage with a little shelf that slides out.
They were so interested in it that they took pictures of it!
And with now having to pay to dump,, I did the math, I get 30 minutes! You don't like it,,,,TALK TO MANAGEMENT!!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
jake2250 wrote:
And if I go where the dumping is free (probably not in CA)

It's free here in CA for us when we get back from RV trips ... we have a capped 4" sewer opening in our back for dumping the RV's tanks! 😉

(This sure makes it nice for relatively short RV trips.)
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from a week at the coast, It cost me $7 to dump when we left, I hooked up my black tank rinser and as the black was flowing I turned on the rinser and let her go until I could see clear water, then shut the black and let the grey go keeping the rinse going in the black!
Might take 15 minutes maybe a little less, But the way I see it;
California's minimum wage is going or already at $15 an hour, thats .25 cents a minute. At $7 that gives me almost 30 + minutes of dump time! And If I only use 15 minutes, I am getting ripped off!
So if you get lucky and get behind me, I most likely wont spend all my money efficiently, but I will probably leave some tip money!

And if I go where the dumping is free (probably not in CA) I figured I carried over enough left over cash to take that 15 minutes and not feel guilty!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I always dig and bury my number 2s, but need a pick axe to get thru the walmart blacktop parking lot.
bumpy

That's why you always park near a grass median strip...

ah, thanks. you can surely pick up some good pointers in this forum.
bumpy

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
cross21114 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
I take pride in how little time it takes me to dump. I have it planned to a tee and I don't bother with getting every last drop out of each tank.
Takes me about 4~5 minutes and I'm pulling away.

This topic sounds a lot like boat ramp complaints. Talk about fun - take a cooler full of beer and a lawn chair and watch boat ramp follies!

Eggzactly!
Some of us are knowledgeable, efficient and considerate. Some people aren't.
I'll never compete with someone who's schedule is ok with spending extra time dumping turds or dumping a boat in the water......maybe my view will change in 20 years! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
soren wrote:
I doubt I'll ever top watching that event.
I doubt it too. I had a French doctor once who stunk like hell from not showering often. Hmmm....
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
I always dig and bury my number 2s, but need a pick axe to get thru the walmart blacktop parking lot.
bumpy

That's why you always park near a grass median strip...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS