cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oh my gosh! It felt so good!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I have an appointment with my Outback dealer for a warranty repair this Monday morning (Feb 3). Because the weather is so nasty in Indiana still, I used the opportunity today to go ahead and hitch up the trailer while it is not freezing cold, even though it's been raining all day.

So I hitched up, ready to go Monday. Well, I decided to go ahead and take the camper for a little run, to flex the tires, and ... face it ... have some fun! I only drove the camper about 6 miles, around the back roads between the fields and backed into the driveway so I can just take off Monday. Plugged the electricity back in, unplugged the trailer-truck pig tail, and locked her down.

Then I realized I was "high as a kite!" OH my gosh! It felt so good to get the camper on the road and tow it again after all this lousey winter weather! The truck had a good overhaul tune up about 3 weeks ago and it purred sooooooooo sweet! I came back in the house, excited as can be. My wife thinks I've "lost it!"

Can't wait for Monday to get it on the road again! I'm still floating on air! This was excellent therapy for the winter RV blahs!
7 REPLIES 7

dannytas
Explorer
Explorer
Yep...you're addicted, too. I remember when that day happened to me!
2014 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE
1998 Dodge 1500 Club Cab, 4x4, 5.9 magnum
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCats-Pokie and Dottie

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm embarrassed to say that before I started going south for the winter I used to go out in the driveway in sub zero temps and into the RV and walk around and tell her "soon, very soon we will be back on the road again."

I'm NOT embarrassed to say I used to do that! I'd go sit in the Endura and just breathe in the RV aroma. It had an amazing, calming effect. Then I'd walk down the stairs, slip on the ice and snow and get jolted back to reality!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, you're an RV'er. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Steve_S1
Explorer
Explorer
I would fire up the furnace, have a nice dinner in there, watch a movie and spend the night!
2010 Cougar 25RL

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I'm embarrassed to say that before I started going south for the winter I used to go out in the driveway in sub zero temps and into the RV and walk around and tell her "soon, very soon we will be back on the road again." Yup, RV'ing IS a real disease!! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest the same and with your wife...spring might come early, LOL!

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
How about sleeping in it in your driveway tonight?
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer