filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
Makes us RVers look bad.

RV dump
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
28 REPLIES 28

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Have you seen the Rio Grande going through El Passo? Must be lots of folks dumping upstream from the looks of that stretch!

Remeber the old cowboy saying: "Don't drink downstream from the herd."
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Just to pick up on Sidney's humor; folks way back in the woods/mountains have no plumbing and build their outhouses anywhere they could and often near streams to carry away the "deposits." All the modern day drinking water we use comes from these streams. Food for thought OR poo for thought.

sidney
Explorer
Explorer
Poopoo Pidoo
Eau de Parfum
by Ego Facto

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdog wrote:
bigdogger wrote:
loulou57 wrote:
I agree, I don't think this will reflect on RVers. As said, this family was thought to be homeless. I hope that the family were educated on proper disposal and where it can be done. I would not think that the family were intentionally contaminating the river, they just did not know any better.
Just how stupid can people be in your book? Who doesn't know that dumping raw sewage into a river or stream is wrong? Would you defend a thief by theorizing they didn't know that stealing was wrong? The only education they need is a swift kick in the butt.

You are 100% correct, dead on!
Yup, being homeless doesn't give you a free ticket to Stupid Town !!!
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
HuckFinn410 wrote:
If they live in the RV, they are not homeless.
In your mind maybe, but that is the perception of many non RVers.....those living in older RVs are homeless. In the NON RV community, unless you are driving a Prevost, there is a stigma associated with the RV and that is what needs to be addressed...

It's a ridculous perception. I'm counting down the remaining years till retirement so I *can* live in my camper full time. I even sneak out into it in the driveway once in a while because I know that it misses my loving presence.

On the other hand, the neighbors just think I'm white trash.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
It simple shows a lack of respect. Just happens that this family has an old MH for living out of. I'm sure that this lack of respect shows in many other areas in their lives.

The real shame is they have children that are being taught these things.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
bigdogger wrote:
loulou57 wrote:
I agree, I don't think this will reflect on RVers. As said, this family was thought to be homeless. I hope that the family were educated on proper disposal and where it can be done. I would not think that the family were intentionally contaminating the river, they just did not know any better.
Just how stupid can people be in your book? Who doesn't know that dumping raw sewage into a river or stream is wrong? Would you defend a thief by theorizing they didn't know that stealing was wrong? The only education they need is a swift kick in the butt.

You are 100% correct, dead on!

bigdogger
Explorer II
Explorer II
loulou57 wrote:

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Beaker wrote:

I guess that means living in a van in not homeless.
Also living in a car in not homeless.
Have a tent? You're not homeless.
Better a cardboard box than being homeless?

I don't know the story of these people, but if they have to live in an RV and wish they weren't, their homeless.

I don't condone what they did, but if you haven't been there....

Does a car have a stove, bathroom, beds, running water, fridge, etc? Homeless typically means 'without the provisions normally associated with a home'

IHMO, living in an RV would beat the snot out of living in a car or tent.

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer

I guess that means living in a van in not homeless.
Also living in a car in not homeless.
Have a tent? You're not homeless.
Better a cardboard box than being homeless?

I don't know the story of these people, but if they have to live in an RV and wish they weren't, their homeless.

I don't condone what they did, but if you haven't been there....
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Vid won't play

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
Christmas Vacation is a funny movie!
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to think that, overall, the RV community has less offenders than the general population. No, I do not have "proof."
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't the saying "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch"? That was kind of my point. Looks bad but does not reflect on the rest of us. It just continues to amaze me what people thinks ok to do.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.