cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon trip

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
We will be on the Oregon coast June,July, and August. Is it necessary to have some sort of dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in our RV. Thanks
20 REPLIES 20

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
Just tossing this out...I know it wasn't the question...in your planning, if you go from north to south, you will not regret that. That direction of travel will enable you to leave the highway to oohh and awww and then pull back into traffic withput risking life/limb. Going south to north is just plain dangerous, for the mentioned reasons. Even other RV'rs accelerate to try and get ahead of an RV driver trying to get across two/3/4 lanes of traffic.

Gary Haupt

I agree completely with Gary. Same if your going on 1/101 in California. Much easier access to turnouts.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
We drove up the entire state on 101 the day they were closing all the parks, view points and state line. Now that was some weird. Left Brookings about 7am and until then, hadn't spent much time with the radio on. We were kind of dumb-founded. As we drove along...no traffic...no people...and we could see the barriers going up, the tape being run from post to post. It was like they were closing the doors, behind us. With zero traffic and cities so quiet, we decided it might be in our best interests to boogie straight thru. We drove over the Astoria Bridge about 7? so..a 12 hour drive..a drive that usually takes us days. We pitched up at the Dismal Nitch rest area for the night and as we drove out at 9am, Washington Highways was closing THAT. Just a really weird drive. In fact..now that I am remembering, we drove thru Seattle that day about 2pm..and never took it out of cruise.

Gary Haupt

GARY, didnโ€™t see you wave or hear you honk as you passed Beachside SP, just south of Waldport!

You didn't? Darn..and I was on the radio yelping for you and everything.

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyhaupt wrote:
We drove up the entire state on 101 the day they were closing all the parks, view points and state line. Now that was some weird. Left Brookings about 7am and until then, hadn't spent much time with the radio on. We were kind of dumb-founded. As we drove along...no traffic...no people...and we could see the barriers going up, the tape being run from post to post. It was like they were closing the doors, behind us. With zero traffic and cities so quiet, we decided it might be in our best interests to boogie straight thru. We drove over the Astoria Bridge about 7? so..a 12 hour drive..a drive that usually takes us days. We pitched up at the Dismal Nitch rest area for the night and as we drove out at 9am, Washington Highways was closing THAT. Just a really weird drive. In fact..now that I am remembering, we drove thru Seattle that day about 2pm..and never took it out of cruise.

Gary Haupt

GARY, didnโ€™t see you wave or hear you honk as you passed Beachside SP, just south of Waldport!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Gary Haupt

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Curly2001 wrote:
The Oregon coast is supposed to open up some of the campgrounds tomorrow.
Curly

Sorry have not heard that from Rangers.

OPRD has opened some of the day use parks south of Newport, those north of Newport are still closed, but may open soon.
Camping not likely to open until sometime in June currently.

OPRD WEB Site

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I saw some Oregon Forest Service campgrounds open in Deschutes NF today on my work travels to Central Oregon. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Curly2001
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Oregon coast is supposed to open up some of the campgrounds tomorrow.
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ORbiker wrote:
Skipg wrote:
We will be on the Oregon coast June,July, and August. Is it necessary to have some sort of dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in our RV. Thanks

You will need campground reservations IF they ever open. KEN

Just stayed in Oregon a couple weeks ago. Campground was full.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Just tossing this out...I know it wasn't the question...in your planning, if you go from north to south, you will not regret that. That direction of travel will enable you to leave the highway to oohh and awww and then pull back into traffic withput risking life/limb. Going south to north is just plain dangerous, for the mentioned reasons. Even other RV'rs accelerate to try and get ahead of an RV driver trying to get across two/3/4 lanes of traffic.

Gary Haupt

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I'd say it depends. Oct-early may our trips to the coast mean including the dehumidifier. Summer, occasionally it is needed. My advice, Many of the places you are likely to camp near will have a Fred Meyer, Lowes, Home depot nearby. You could just wait and see what the weather is like and if you decide you need one, stop in a get a small compressor driven dehumidifier around $100. When it is humid ours will pull about 5 gallons out the first 12ish hours, then drop down to 1-2 gallons/day.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Veebyes wrote:
It gets so humid some days you need a scuba tank & regulator.

The trick to living in a humid climate is to open windows & let air flow through. It was 85% humidity here today. No rain.

Summer on the Oregon is a **** shoot, while the humidity can be high so is the due point and it is warmer,โ€™so not much condensation. Currently pulling a gallon a day out of our 32โ€™ 5er on the coast.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the Northwest, the closets in older houses had windows which could be opened on fair days so clothes did not mildew. The Coast is the most humid part.

PatJ
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it is a rule in OR to leave all windows and vents open 24/7 to enjoy the breeze, smell, and white noise of the beautiful pacific ocean. If its not a rule it should be.
Patrick

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Skipg wrote:

You will need campground reservations IF they ever open. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.