cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pain

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Up again late. Took Hydrocodone, muscle relaxer and antidepressant for leg and back pain. Can't sleep at all.
And then... Something I would ask your prayers for.
My Son In Law has probably suffered a stroke and he waited too long for them to find it. He has if I understand it right Horners Syndrome. Right eye droops and pupil is shrunken and headaches and unable to drive. So he lost his job as a Supervisor Ground Fault Locator. Can't get unemployment and no disabilty. They will give them 15.00 in food stamps. Daughter loses her job on the 20th. Licensced Pharmacy Technician. Few jobs available but she is applying for everything there is on line. Huge medical bills and end of month no coverage and they haven't found out the ultimate cause for sure nor how to fix it. He will probably never work again.
She is about to crash from the stress of s many fights to survive. Her unemployment will only be a few hundred dollars a month.
We have been subsidizing them for a few months at over 2,000.00 a month. Next month it will take over 4,000.00. We simply caan't keep it up.
Bankruptcy and they will lose their home, car, furniture and everything escept the clothes on their back. They will be on the street. Naturally we will spend whatever we have to bring them home but there are no jobs here and getting far fewer everywhere else. All that is being offered is part time and call you to come in for a few hours or not and no benefits and low low pay.
The need a miracle. These Kids have had it rough all their life and fought back time and again but this time is crash and burn.
Please please pray for them. They live in Red Rock, Arizona.
Any suggestions who they might turn too for any aid is appreciated. There doesn't seem to be anything available unless you are an Illegal Alien. They get SS and welfare aid and medical coverage off the bat or so I understand.
23 REPLIES 23

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think you are getting the 100% true story from your daughter and son in law. Food stamps will not be $15.00, unless that is the per day amount. If he is truly disabled, he will qualify for Social Security disability. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world if they cannot pay their bills. They will most likely not lose their house or their car. If the house and car are now way beyond their financial means, they need to let them go. It will be hard and painful, but it will give them the flexibility to start improving their situation, which may involve moving to an area where she can become employed. You providing money to them may very well be enabling financially bad behaviors. You said they are going from you contributing $2000 a month to $4,000 a month. What if their requests rise to $5,000 or $6,000? If they are truly in as much trouble as you believe and you want to truly help, you need to arrange to either sit down with them and get all the facts or have a trusted financial advisor do it for you. I just think there is a lot of information you are not getting or a lot of information that is being given to you that is not exactly true. Good luck.

No he is totally honest. He got kind of upset with them after being on the phone interview for two hours and being told they could get 15.00. Seems whatever we give them is figured in. Someone told them to close their bank accounts and have us pay the bills directly but that won't work. Once they get us on the hook they can come after us, as I understand. We know what their expenses are, pretty well.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
sorry -- double post
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
I will have to step in here and say I agree with above. The food stamp amount seems awfully low (and I used to work in the program)......I suggest maybe they're not giving the right amount of the income to the caseworker. The caseworker is obligated to get them the MOST help they can.....including the right amount of FS (her income was included before, but won't be after the 20th)....and to help him get to the right people to apply for disability. If he's not able to work, he should be able to get disability IF he has enough time paying into SS. If he's been paid under the table and never paid into SS, then Que Sera Sera!!!!! YOU should NOT be subsidizing.....there is a time when tough love really has to be dealt. You cannot be expected to continue paying for their lifestyle. yes, bankruptcy may mean they'll lose the house and car....BUT, they're going to lose them anyways!!!!!!!!
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I don't think you are getting the 100% true story from your daughter and son in law. Food stamps will not be $15.00, unless that is the per day amount. If he is truly disabled, he will qualify for Social Security disability. Bankruptcy is not the end of the world if they cannot pay their bills. They will most likely not lose their house or their car. If the house and car are now way beyond their financial means, they need to let them go. It will be hard and painful, but it will give them the flexibility to start improving their situation, which may involve moving to an area where she can become employed. You providing money to them may very well be enabling financially bad behaviors. You said they are going from you contributing $2000 a month to $4,000 a month. What if their requests rise to $5,000 or $6,000? If they are truly in as much trouble as you believe and you want to truly help, you need to arrange to either sit down with them and get all the facts or have a trusted financial advisor do it for you. I just think there is a lot of information you are not getting or a lot of information that is being given to you that is not exactly true. Good luck.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
First of all - Prayers sent for these folks. Hard times are tough.

On 1/1/14, new provisions of the Affordable Care act go into effect and with their very limited income, they should be fully subsidized.

They should contact the Pinal County welfare department. Nobody wants to go on welfare, but these folks are really down on their luck and need some help.

We feel for you and your family.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Prayers made.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hang in there DOWN HOME - I feel your pain...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
He will need to apply now for Social Security Disability. It takes a bit to get approved. But he should be able to get SSI for now. Food stamps should be more than $15 a month.....Also he can apply for medicaid online as well as Social security.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

lizbard
Explorer
Explorer
was he in the military? if so, could it be service related? if so, contact Veteran Service Officer in county they live in.

If not, check with Salvation Army for help and shelter. Maybe one of the churches can help. Also check with Goodwill.

Just some suggestions I can think of. Hope this helps.