cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passport 2650bh

BBQ007
Explorer
Explorer
Wheelchocks in place, outriggers down and secure. A lot of movement whe walking from bath to bedroom. Suggestions for less movement...
4 REPLIES 4

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The lighter weight trailers are harder to brace so that movement is minimized. As noted, you may be seeing some frame flex of floor movement. X-Chocks help a lot as do the J.T. Strong Arms.

To eliminate all movement you basically need to place the frame on blocks about every 4 ft and remove the wheels.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

therink
Explorer
Explorer
I have Bal locking stabilizer bars on my rear scissors and front landing gear which eliminates most movement. I still get some bouncing which is due to the up and down movement of the suspension. When I set up for more than a few days, I place a bottle jack under each spring equalizer (between the axles) and put enough upward pressure (maybe 1/2" lift) to eliminate the suspension bounce. This makes everything very solid.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
If that is a lightweight model, the flex may be in the floor or the frame, and it is just going to bounce. Some houses are being built that way now, too, with lighter trusses, greater spacings, longer spans.

You've probably done what you can about the bouncing on tires and suspension if you have four corners supported and chocks between the wheels.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
JT Strongarm Stabilizer braces for the jacks. A little pricey but worth the investment. Best mod I've done to my trailer so far. No more movement.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley