cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paying for two sites

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever paid for two sites so they would be assured of some privacy or more room? At our favorite CG some of non electric sites are a bit close together so we will pay for two sites just wondering if anyone else does this.
122 REPLIES 122

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Argumentum ad absurdum

Absolutely. Rudeness truly is the issue. They just refuse to see it. Again, it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with the "it's all about me" attitude. Whenever some posters realize the false equivalency of their argument they make it all about money which it isn't. While a campground owner may agree to allow one person to purchase all sites, that still doesn't make it right-it just puts two selfish jerks in one spot.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:
Crowe wrote:
No, it's rude. You are potentially preventing someone else from camping. It doesn't matter if the cg likes it or not. If you want privacy, then find another campground or boondock. Goes along the same lines as the folks who reserve every weekend at some campgrounds and then just show up when they can. It's very self-centered and disrespectful of others. What I would consider, however, if you get there and the cg isn't very crowded then possibly purchase the adjoining site at that time.

I don't understand the mindset of doing an activity that by definition brings you into potentially crowded conditions, then demanding no one be near you. Buy a cabin in the woods.

Sorry but I disagree. Rudeness is not an issue here. If I wanted to rent or "charter" the entire campground that is between me and the owner, no one else. This is a financial transaction for a service.

Similarly if I want to charter Disneyland for my company or a large yacht or aircraft it's between me and the owner. Getting two sites is the same thing. And take note. Some people buy two airline seats so they dont have to sit next to someone or they buy one for their Stradivarius violin. It's their money.

I agree. When we are talking private companies. But when using public land or resources (owned by all of us) there needs to be rules to ensure wealth is not the only deciding factor who is allowed to use those resources.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
4X4Dodger wrote:
Crowe wrote:
No, it's rude. You are potentially preventing someone else from camping. It doesn't matter if the cg likes it or not. If you want privacy, then find another campground or boondock. Goes along the same lines as the folks who reserve every weekend at some campgrounds and then just show up when they can. It's very self-centered and disrespectful of others. What I would consider, however, if you get there and the cg isn't very crowded then possibly purchase the adjoining site at that time.

I don't understand the mindset of doing an activity that by definition brings you into potentially crowded conditions, then demanding no one be near you. Buy a cabin in the woods.

Sorry but I disagree. Rudeness is not an issue here. If I wanted to rent or "charter" the entire campground that is between me and the owner, no one else. This is a financial transaction for a service.

Similarly if I want to charter Disneyland for my company or a large yacht or aircraft it's between me and the owner. Getting two sites is the same thing. And take note. Some people buy two airline seats so they dont have to sit next to someone or they buy one for their Stradivarius violin. It's their money.

What if the "owner" is the US or state government? Does chartering still apply?

TInmania
Explorer
Explorer
4X4Dodger wrote:

Similarly if I want to charter Disneyland for my company or a large yacht or aircraft it's between me and the owner. Getting two sites is the same thing.

Argumentum ad absurdum

Michael

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crowe wrote:

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Well this has been a fun conversation but we are off to go camping today...And we only need ONE site:B

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Water-Bug wrote:
Don't recall my mentioning any camper lengths. Are you grabbing at straws to justify your position. Your original post was a statement of your policy on making reservationss. Suddenly, RV length is an issue? Personally, I've NEVER seen a camp site limited to 20' RVs.

Does it even matter? The whole "only reserve 2 spots when the campground is only half full" is an odd rational. If I wanted privacy I would only do 2 sites when the campground was relatively full or save my cash.

Hey!!! Things are slow. We have to do something to pass the time. Elections don't come until the end of next year. ๐Ÿ™‚

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
Don't recall my mentioning any camper lengths. Are you grabbing at straws to justify your position. Your original post was a statement of your policy on making reservationss. Suddenly, RV length is an issue? Personally, I've NEVER seen a camp site limited to 20' RVs.

Does it even matter? The whole "only reserve 2 spots when the campground is only half full" is an odd rational. If I wanted privacy I would only do 2 sites when the campground was relatively full or save my cash.

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Water-Bug wrote:
VT Skier wrote:
Crowe if we all thought the same way we would be in trouble....;)

VT Skier: If we all thought like you, we would all be in trouble, and half of us would be without campsites. A lot of people don't reserve campsites. You just locked them out. Has anyone ever pulled into your empty site after check-in hours?

Let's see 60 sites 30 available ..........not sure where you are locked out again take the time to read the post. Also how can a 25 ft camper fit into a 20 ft spot ....if you can explain that then you are far smarter than me...

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
VT Skier wrote:

VT Skier: If we all thought like you, we would all be in trouble, and half of us would be without campsites. A lot of people don't reserve campsites. You just locked them out. Has anyone ever pulled into your empty site after check-in hours?

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Old Fogie,
When some one says "because of people like you I can't get a spot to go camping" if they would read I clearly state that the CG is half empty two days before arrival.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Although I'm right and your not.......LOL

Nuh, uh, I'M RIGHT! ๐Ÿ˜›

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

OldFogie
Explorer
Explorer
VT Skier wrote:
I wonder if some people read an entire post before posting a response....just sayin

If you didn't want negative comments and were going to insist on having your way regardless of what others said why did you even post the question?
2007 Bounder 35E
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1999 Jeep Wrangler