cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Possible Damaged Slide Seals

NewTTcamper
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking online at a TT and noticed in one of the pics the slide seal seems to be hanging outside the trailer. Even after enlarging the picture, it's seems that is the most probable thing. It's black, coming out from the slide opening and connects on both ends to the slide opening. If that's the case, what would it take to replace the seal? Is it an extensive repair? Or, should I turn and run? I might add the price of the trailer is great, compared to my research online. Your expertise is NEEDED!
2 REPLIES 2

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
You need to get a better look. If it's a wiper type seal then it's probably not to expensive. However, if it's a bulb type seal that pressed on to a flange in the opening that's another story. The seal material is very expensive as well as the labor to install it. We were quoted $1500 to do a large slide in our MH. I would call a repair shop and give them the trailer name and model and see what they quote.

greatwhitenort1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you familiar with slides? There is a wiper seal that comes out when the slide is pushed out, unless the seal is just hanging there in no mans land, it is normal.