cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview your posts?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Recently, while reading my hometown paper on line, I decided to comment on a certain letter to the editor. After typing in my comments, I was forced to read my words in a “preview” mode. There is no way to bypass this. You must review your post.

I wonder if this forum used the same method, that the number of “snarky” comments would decrease as it would force every poster to slow down and review their words prior to pushing the ”post” button?

I know that in the heat of the moment here, I have posted things that I had to self-edit out after a few minutes. Your thoughts?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006
30 REPLIES 30

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
When posting original and if replaying using the 'Advanced Post Form' there is a 'pre-view' icon (right next to spell check icon----which doesn't work!).

Click on the 'pre-view' icon and a window will pop-up....then you can pre-view before posting.

OR post and edit as you see fit
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
My pet peeve is people putting up new threads in the WRONG forum which creates work for the Mods moving them to the appropriate forum.

All the forums show what kind of Topics should be in them but yet people just don't seem to read or can't comprehend.

Example...look in the Forums Techical Support forum and see how many have to be moved.

Actually that's where this thread, Forum Technical Support, should be, IMHO of course, as it has nothing to do with General RVing.

Oh, a Preview of a post feature would be nice.

:B
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
maybe they should have a 3 day rule,,,,, you post a reply to something, and have to wait 3 days, then it comes up on your screne and asks "are you sure you want to post this"

LOL
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
K Charles wrote:
Some people don't even read the original post before they reply so why would they read what they type.
Nicely put.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
. I do, however, always re-read my posts after they have been posted. It is not often I get to read classic American Prose, so I take every opportunity I can get.

Well, look at you, western, flashing a sense of humor! That made me laugh. We don't get to see that from you often! :B Happy to see that!

As for the original question, I don't think those prone to flaming others are really going to take much time to review and reconsider. Nice thought, though.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
I use Firefox and my typing is checked for spelling as I type. It is optional in Firefox. Go to Options > Advanced.

X2
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
OP said... "I was forced to read my words in a “preview” mode."

That is one of the reasons I like the forum.
NOT forced to do anything.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
nowe is the timee for al good men to coome to the aide of teir countrie.

I just tried the spelling check on the above, but it didn't correct any of it. It keeps telling me:

"Spell Check

An error was encountered while processing your spell check. In most cases, restarting the spell check will fix the problem. Sorry for the incovenience. "

But it doesn't correct anything.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
I use Firefox and my typing is checked for spelling as I type. It is optional in Firefox. Go to Options > Advanced.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Some people don't even read the original post before they reply so why would they read what they type.

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
I think a working spell check function would be a good idea as well.

Little confused. This forum reply box does have a spell checker builtin. It is on both the quick reply and advanced post forum box. It always works for me. It does not have a grammar check but most people get what I'm typing.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
...snip...I do, however, always re-read my posts after they have been posted. It is not often I get to read classic American Prose, so I take every opportunity I can get.

Meeeeee-YOW! :B

Which Classic American School did you get that style from, Western?
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
I wonder if this forum used the same method, that the number of “snarky” comments would decrease
I doubt it, but it might make people correct the spelling of a word in the heading that they somehow spell correctly in the text.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Since you can easily edit any post you have made, a preview is not needed. I do, however, always re-read my posts after they have been posted. It is not often I get to read classic American Prose, so I take every opportunity I can get.

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
I type my replies in MS Word then copy and paste on the forum…Helps with misspelled words and grammar…I hope!