cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane fill in Longmont, CO?

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone suggest where to get the propane tank filled on a 27' motorhome along hwy 119 or I-25 in Longmont, CO?

Looking for easy in/out this Thursday.
19 REPLIES 19

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
IDman wrote:
You may want to rethink driving to Pueblo on Friday as Colo. Springs to Castle Rock is expecting snow Thursday nite into all day Friday. Maybe just hunkering down where you buy your unit might be safest.

Could be sage advice. Latest reports stating this could be a significant storm with some places measuring totals in feet.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
They do both on the unit and the bottles. Mere minutes from St. Vrain

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
Mead exit (245) Agfinity is 1 mile West.

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
We're staying at St. Vrain state park Thursday night, but it's booked through the weekend. We'll ask when we check in, there might be cancellations.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to rethink driving to Pueblo on Friday as Colo. Springs to Castle Rock is expecting snow Thursday nite into all day Friday. Maybe just hunkering down where you buy your unit might be safest.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Tractor Supply Company store at the I-25 exchange with route 66 (exit 243) that has propane in stock according to the TSC web site.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
folivier wrote:
~snip~
Looks like some snow is heading in Thursday night ....

Yea.. we are being told that we could get up to 6" of snow Wednesday into Thursday, but that is up here in the High Country... not sure what the Front range is expecting. I heard though that the DVR area does have some freeze warnings up, but unlike winter this storm will be short lived in terms of long term snow accumulations and staying around.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Ah OK, I would try giving the above places a call to ask about propane.

There a King Soopers grocery store off of 119 (called Firestone Blvd) on the east side of I-25. Address is 6110 Firestone Blvd Firestone, CO 80504. If you have a Smith's or City Market card, that will work there. There's also a Wal-Mart closer into Longmont off of 119 and County Line Rd.

There's also a Costco down right off I-25 just off Highway 7 exit, on the east side if you like to shop there, and the gas station there is easily accessible if you need regular, they don't have diesel there. There's another King Soopers about a couple miles west of I-25 off Highway 7, and a Murphy's Express gas station with very good diesel prices and pretty decent regular prices. We fill up our truck there regularly.

I would definitely do all that while you're up in this area because once you're in closer to Denver there's not a lot of great places for an RV to stop until you get south of Castle Rock.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
We're flying in on Thursday to pick up the Lazy Daze we bought last week in Longmont. We plan to stay at St. Vrain Thursday night then head back to St. George, UT. We'll need to gas up, fill up propane, groceries, and other stuff before heading out.
Looks like some snow is heading in Thursday night so we may change our route and take I-25 to Pueblo then 50 west instead of 285.
Thanks for the suggestions.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
No Jax in Longmont that I'm aware of... I know of 2 up in Fort Collins along Hwy 287 and there's one in Loveland but none of these are close to I-25.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
JAC1982-
I know that the Jax in Louisville and it is where I stop when in the Front Range... they are able to fill in-vehicle tanks. Is there a Jax the Longmont area area?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
JAC1982 wrote:
i wouldn't recommend going on 119 west of I-25. It's a huge construction zone right now as they are redoing the highway and that particular station could be very difficult to exit because of it.
Ok, well, that's the idea anyway. Works for me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
folivier wrote:
Any other helpful suggestions?
No, just google maps.

There's a Conoco station at 40.161087, -104.982139.

Use google maps to "drive by" there and you can clearly see the propane station.

I wouldn't recommend going on 119 west of I-25. It's a huge construction zone right now as they are redoing the highway and that particular station could be very difficult to exit because of it.

Speaking of, OP, where are you going/coming from? I'd avoid 119 if you can. I can help you get around it if you need directions.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
folivier wrote:
Any other helpful suggestions?
No, just google maps.

There's a Conoco station at 40.161087, -104.982139.

Use google maps to "drive by" there and you can clearly see the propane station.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman