cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane for Motorhome Engine

Birdie123
Explorer
Explorer
How difficult is it to find Propane for a Motorhome (not so much coach but for the engine for sure) in the Western States especially Arizona and California? Does anyone have a good app that they use that helps them find the locations and prices etc for a iPhone? Thank You.
11 REPLIES 11

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Having had numerous propane fueled pickups over the past 40 years, I'm familiar with finding the fuel. Most towns have a propane distributor and I've even flagged down a delivery truck. But Here, this might help.
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Propane is much more available in Canada, than in the US. Many/most Canadian gas stations will have a propane pump in with the gasoline/diesel pumps that are self serve in most cases At one time, years ago, it seemed that 1/3 to 1/2 of the motor homes I would see in Canada had a horizontal propane tank mounted on the rear bumper. Most were probably in the 25 to 40 gal size. Still lots of propane used for vehicle fuel in Canada. I grew up on a ranch in southern Oklahoma where we use propane for most of our farm vehicles. It is a good fuel if the price is right.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Roads and Routes to General RVing Issues
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Propane might look like a great deal, however with only 95,000 Btu's per gallon, it is about 20% less energy per gallon than 115,000 Btu gasoline or 20% less than 135,000 Btu diesel fuel.

So the cost of $2.39 might look great compared to $3.75 gasoline, however the cost per Btu is not really all that great.

Usually you can buy propane in ever city in the United States. Not every gas station has propane fueling, however about 1 in 10 will have a propane tank. Usually they only are selling refills to 5 gallon BBQ tanks, but also sell to refill motorhome built in tanks too!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
The Allstays App has propane locations
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Here in Wa. State you will pay road tax on PP for the engine.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
No idea how comprehensive this is, but it could be a start: Propane Fueling Station Locator
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
No Road Tax?
Less horse power.
Engine runs cleaner.
Extra storage tank?
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:
Well, we sure dont ride horses any more. Except as a hobby. Propane is as available here as the more psophicated parts of the country.

:B:B

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Birdie123 wrote:
How difficult is it to find Propane for a Motorhome (not so much coach but for the engine for sure) in the Western States especially Arizona and California? Does anyone have a good app that they use that helps them find the locations and prices etc for a iPhone? Thank You.

I understand your concern although I do not use it for propulsion I do find it hard to find appropriate places to get propane specially on the road. I wish I had an app. The only thing I can suggest is UHAUL'S WEBSITE, FlyingJ's website both show their places with propane
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, we sure dont ride horses any more. Except as a hobby. Propane is as available here as the more psophicated parts of the country.