cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane tank explodes inside car!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we always are discussing about whether we should ever transport propane tanks INSIDE a vehicle.
Well here is what happens.

BUT........wait for it.......wait for it.........
The propane tank that was inside this car was attached to a grill and turned ON!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/14/florida-couple-transporting-grill-injured-after-suv-explodes-wh...
Police said the grill, which was turned on, had a propane tank attached that was open and connected.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when these people try and explain this to their insurance company. Car does look totaled.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

41 REPLIES 41

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Easy now....people were harmed in the making of this program! Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
That is a great photo. Thanks for this post. In the future I'm not going let passengers smoke in my car while I'm grilling, or else I'll just use charcoal. :B
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
jamesu wrote:
No matter what, you just cannot fix Stupid.
I never get tired of hearing that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

soren
Explorer
Explorer
captnjack wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
captnjack wrote:
Good to see so much compassion here. Two people were burned in an explosion. Not all that funny to me.

I guess no one here makes mistakes. Or is it that it is a mistake when you do it but colossal stupidity when someone else does it?

How are we supposed to show compassion to someone that stupid >???

there was NO MISTAKE HERE... it was sheer stupidity

Come on, they were grilling with propane INSIDE their car ??

There is no indication in the linked article that they were actually grilling in the car. If they had been actually grilling the propane would likely have actually been burning as it was released and there would be no subsequent gas build up to explode.
Maybe the stupidity lies with you?

Nope, they clearly were not grilling, just getting "warmed up", they fully intended to throw some doggies on, after a quick smoke break.

CAUTION. Capt. this is a bit of HUMOR, and may make little sense to you. Feel free to not respond with you opinion of this particular example of humor. Just as others avoid posting on topics they know nothing of....................

soren
Explorer
Explorer
captnjack wrote:
soren wrote:
captnjack wrote:
Good to see so much compassion here. Two people were burned in an explosion. Not all that funny to me.

I guess no one here makes mistakes. Or is it that it is a mistake when you do it but colossal stupidity when someone else does it?

Yea, I guess dark humor was indeed invented on this very thread, within the last few days :R Would you describe having your panties that twisted as:

1. Moderately uncomfortable
2. Actually quite painful

But it doesn't sound humorous at all. It sounds mean-spirited and nasty. Is it really "dark humor" to call someone stupid as they lie in a hospital bed? If you think so you should work on your material.
So many on this site come off as holier than thou and are quick to denounce bad behavior in others. "Someone walked through my rented site"! "Quick, call the authorities"! But then the condemnation is in full force with something like this. The actions taken may not have been smart but it is still a horrible story with people in real pain.

I don't wear panties so your question is not relevant. Not all that amusing either.

I guess there really ARE people born with no sense of humor at all. What a sad deficit to struggle with. OTOH, you must be an absolute delight in social situations. Sorry that you remain "unamused", as if any of this was written for your entertainment. Remember, it's your brain, attached to your hands, making choices about what you see on this screen. There is nothing to prevent you from avoiding the obvious inflammation to your delicate sensibilities, by finding something that's more your speed, elsewhere.

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
No matter what, you just cannot fix Stupid.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
In this case, Natural Selection failed.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

TCollins
Explorer
Explorer
Meth Lab?

TC

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:

I guess I am... you got me ! ๐Ÿ˜›

Maybe the "captn" will be a little happier now. ๐Ÿ™‚

captnjack wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
captnjack wrote:

There is no indication in the linked article that they were actually grilling in the car. If they had been actually grilling the propane would likely have actually been burning as it was released and there would be no subsequent gas build up to explode.

I guess I am... you got me ! ๐Ÿ˜›
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
captnjack wrote:

captnjack
Explorer
Explorer
soren wrote:
captnjack wrote:

Yea, I guess dark humor was indeed invented on this very thread, within the last few days :R Would you describe having your panties that twisted as:

1. Moderately uncomfortable
2. Actually quite painful

But it doesn't sound humorous at all. It sounds mean-spirited and nasty. Is it really "dark humor" to call someone stupid as they lie in a hospital bed? If you think so you should work on your material.
So many on this site come off as holier than thou and are quick to denounce bad behavior in others. "Someone walked through my rented site"! "Quick, call the authorities"! But then the condemnation is in full force with something like this. The actions taken may not have been smart but it is still a horrible story with people in real pain.

I don't wear panties so your question is not relevant. Not all that amusing either.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I had a bottle filled the attendant liked how I double strapped it in the truck bed. He said quite often the nitwits simple toss them in the back seat laying on the side.

MrWizard
Rhetorical question
when there is a natural gas leak in a building, does the gas pipe from the utility company explode ?

NO
only the the gas in building explodes and destroys the building, building pipes might be damaged or torn out because of debris

the propane bottle did not explode, the metal shrapnel would have killed them, or wounded them much more seriously, only the propane gas, flash exploded

yes..it was a dumb mistake, not to remove the propane bottle, when putting the grill in the car

i'm sure they will regret it the rest of their lives
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s