cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pulling TH at 7900 vs Gooseneck at 9900

singer55
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about switching from my BP toy hauler to a Gooseneck LQ horse trailer. The horse trailer will be about 2000lbs heavier. I have a 2015 3500 diesel. Will I feel the difference? Pulling 7900 BP vs 9900 Gooseneck?
4 REPLIES 4

singer55
Explorer
Explorer
I drive off road in field, so I would stay with Gooseneck vs Kingpin. But the backing up in horse trailer because the axle is further back, is something I did not think was a problem. I am staying under 25ft ground.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
LEQ horse trailers axles are generally located much farther aft on the frame rails than a bumper pull or conventional GN or 5th wheel trailer.
This creates more hitch load on the truck than a conventional GN/5th wheel trailer.
So yeah your going to notice a difference especially in backing. With the axles farther aft their a bitzh to back in tight situations.......especially compared to a bumper pull trailer.

The diesel will still pull the heavier trailer with no issues.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
No and I converted all my goosenecks to kingpin...much easier to hook up.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely, no. My Duramax pulls 18,000 pounds (toy hauler) and it pulls great. You're half of that. I think the big difference will be you won't notice the wind as much, if at all, with the gooseneck. More stable than the BP and much easier to back up.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE