cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready Brute tow bar. Learned a few things.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
One of the handles that you twist to unlock the arm broke off. They have been getting harder to operate. We’re on a trip, here for a week and was concerned about towing with it.

I opened the PDF and learned that there are 1/2 holes on the arm and you can put a bent pin in to bypass the unlock assembly. OK. I can still use the tow bar.

Mine is fifteen years old. I also learned they added a zerk to lubricate the locking ass’y.

Mine doesn’t have that. I never lubed it as I’m hesitant to lube things behind a diesel as you combine grease, carbon, sand and you have a grinding slurry.

They advertise a lifetime warranty so I think when we get back I’ll send it in for a rebuild/repair.

I received good service from them in 2006 when were rear ended and required repair.

If not I’ll buy some parts and do it mice elf.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.
1 REPLY 1

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Our Ready Brute is only 10 years old, but I remove the plastic ties on one end of the boots every couple of years and spray the shafts with dry silicone lube. I also spray under the raised cam locks with silicone. I've never forced the cam locks open. If they're too tight, I move the toad a little until they free up.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate