Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reese Steadi-Flex Hitch

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

Brought a new TT and was planning to purchase a Reese Stead-Flex. It is sort of a clone of the Equalizer.

Instead of metal to metal contact, the Reese Steadi-Flex has two surfaces for each of the bars that are "automotive grade friction pads"
Reese advertises these pads offer "up to 10 times" the resistance of a metal to metal surface (such as equal-i-zer).

Now my salesman tells me he strongly recommends equal-i-zer because when the "brake shoe" design of the Reese Steadi-flex gets wet it looses its' resistance. Where the metal of the equa-l-izer does not.

Anyone have any experience with the Reese Steadi-flex having reduced sway control when wet?

Thanks for your input and time,
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
2 REPLIES 2

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
They use a friction material like brake lining, does your brakes work when it rains?

I don't have that hitch but I would put it ahead of the metal to metal types if I needed one.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Disclaimer: I have no experience with the Steadi-Flex....but

I'm confident that a major hitch manufacturer (Reece) has completely tested this hitch in all conditions.

My bet is that your "salesman" who has probably never used one has a bunch of Equal-i-zers in the back that he needs to move.
I do have experience with the Equal-i-zer....it was a good hitch.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro