cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

road trip from AZ to OR

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone traveled AZ highway 95 through Nevada?

What is it like?

We camp in state/national campgrounds or boondock.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
dtappy3353 wrote:
Has anyone traveled AZ highway 95 through Nevada?

What is it like?

We camp in state/national campgrounds or boondock.

Thank you.

Just to be clear... in AZ there is AZ95 that runs between Bullhead City and Quartzsite. There is US95 that runs between Canada and Yuma. It is confusing because they parallel each other south of I40 to Quartzsite where AZ95 stops and becomes US95. :h
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

blkdodge
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
A word of advice. When you travel in areas like this make sure you have plenty of fuel and water. I almost ran out of fuel on the extraterrestrial highway. That is with a 35 gallon tank and I get 12 MPG with my diesel. I pulled into Tonopah and put 34 gallons in my tank. :E

Have fun and be careful!

Geeez you had 12 miles to go why get nervous. LOL that's why I'm putting 48extra gallon tank in my truck.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you EVERYONE who responded.

Great info and "pearls of wisdom".

dt

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
A word of advice. When you travel in areas like this make sure you have plenty of fuel and water. I almost ran out of fuel on the extraterrestrial highway. That is with a 35 gallon tank and I get 12 MPG with my diesel. I pulled into Tonopah and put 34 gallons in my tank. :E

Have fun and be careful!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Did it this last winter....both going down and coming back from AZ....it's our preferred route. ๐Ÿ™‚
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy 95 is an excellent drive along with the other south/north highways 305/278/93. Also good is east/west highway 50. I would recommend that you drive on the top half of your tank and fill when you have the opportunity. Stations are far apart. Have a good trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

jhlady
Explorer
Explorer
Do this trip every year, sometimes twice. Nevada 95 is a real good road. A couple steep hills, but nothing to be too concerned about,especially if you are familiar with mountain driving in Oregon. Not much in the way of state or national parks along that route that I can think of, but many small RV parks in the small towns along the road. We have stayed in Fernley, Beatty, and Hawthorne. Walker Lake State Recreation area just norht of Hawthorne is a nice stop over. Depending on time of year it may get crownded due to the lake. We have stopped there in October and were the only folks there.

Hope this helps. Happy travels!