cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roamly RV Insurance

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have CoachNet and yesterday I received an email and they were supporting an insurance company named Roamly RV insurance and I have never heard of them. So I asked for info on IR2 and got a couple of replies. So I am asking here. Has anyone used them or heard of them?
Looks like I could save $225 a year over Hartford, but interested if any one else has checked them out.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
A long time friend has been my Farmers agent for close to 20 years. I didn't realize how much I had been paying his company until I got quotes from USAA, Progressive and Geico. Wow, they're all less than half of what I'm currently paying. Shop around. Read the reviews. Paying more doesn't mean better service.

I have been with a major insurance company now for nearly 50 years. That includes the Rv's ,home ,and auto . In that time , we have multiple claims , some with amounts of several several thousands . Most of them have been wind damage , one was for 11K ,one was for 17K . We live in an area ,although not often we get canyon winds out of the east, up to 100 mph gusts . Not once have we had our home insurance rates increased. We turned in two or three comprehensive claims in a short period of time , they raised our deductible from $50 to $100, and if I remember ,it went back to $50 after a year or two of no comprehensive claims. No rate increase .

In all this time ,there has never been a letter saying or threatening rate increase ,cancelation etc. Do I mostly likely pay more ,no doubt. Do I care ,not in the least. I have been covered for more stuff then I can list here in nearly 50 years.

The 17K , was to replace my entire roof, although only the east side had the shingle damage , they replaced an entire 14 year old roof . Many neighbors ,their insurance would only replace the effected slopes . You don't match shingles , unless they are very new , color never matches ,and they show on some of the roofs repaired . These are not cheap homes ,they range from 750K plus .

My point ,as you say paying more ,does not mean better service . All I can say is whatever my rates are ,and as said I am most likely paying more then others , less then some, the service has been second to none. In other words ,I don't care what my rates are , I'm covered .

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a "digital" virtual insurance service created by Outdoorsy a couple of yrs ago for those planning to rent out their RV..

SEE HERE

HERE is a general search of the Internet for Roamly..

Can't find any reviews, no other information..

I would personally walk away..

Sometimes a cheaper deal is not always a better deal in the end when the costs not covered exceed the up front savings of a cheaper price.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
A long time friend has been my Farmers agent for close to 20 years. I didn't realize how much I had been paying his company until I got quotes from USAA, Progressive and Geico. Wow, they're all less than half of what I'm currently paying. Shop around. Read the reviews. Paying more doesn't mean better service.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
IMO, personal experience about the level of โ€œserviceโ€ from a particular carrier is about as subjective as anything else. Iโ€™ve had horrible experiences with top tier insurances and good experiences with bargain companies.
This isnโ€™t 1970s Beaver Cleaver where your friendly local insurance agent also plays in your bowling league and you see them at the grocery store buying fruit baskets for the homeless at Christmas.
Itโ€™s a business. Get a quote, read the terms and limitations. Compare to what you have currently and decide if itโ€™s better.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold