cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robins predict early winter for the North!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
The Robins have arrived here in Florida WAY earlier than normal.

And you know what that means when the Robins leave the Midwest earlier than normal and arrive here even before the Snowbird's do?

It means an early winter for all you Northerners!

Sooo glad I am in Florida during the winter months.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

9 REPLIES 9

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
grizz272 wrote:
Bite your tongue. Winter is a long way off. I have not seen any woolly bear caterpillars yet this year. I always see them in Sept.
I figure I have at least 4 more weeks.

X2

Yup, gotta agree when in Wisconsin woolly bear's are a real good indicator! Nature knows best.

Also Horses take a long time to build a good winter coat to withstand Wisconsin winters. When my horses start growing their winter coat the beginning of September? Look out! :B

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We have Farmer's Almanac and Old Farmer's Almanac up here. One says a cold winter, one says a warm winter. I need to check out the wooly bear catepillars before I panic!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
Bite your tongue. Winter is a long way off. I have not seen any woolly bear caterpillars yet this year. I always see them in Sept.
I figure I have at least 4 more weeks.

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Ohio and hope the robins are correct! I really, really love winter, being outside in the snow, using my snow wolf to clear the driveway and sidewalks, cross country skiing! I know I am in the minority but...Way To Go Robins!!!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
Yeah, and the

weather service told us higher than normal hurricanes this year

, before they downgraded in July, then upgraded again in August. I ain't seen no stinking hurricanes in FL. And those robins, the only one having any sense is Christopher, and I ain't seen him either!

Yup and the grocery stores all believed them! First time I've ever seen so much water on the shelves.

My grocery store has all the shelves filled with water, pallets of water in the aisle, pallets at the end of the aisle and in the deli dept, etc If there was an open space on the floor there were pallets of water.

They are still there............

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, and the weather service told us higher than normal hurricanes this year, before they downgraded in July, then upgraded again in August. I ain't seen no stinking hurricanes in FL. And those robins, the only one having any sense is Christopher, and I ain't seen him either!
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I assume after mid-September, winter will arrive any day in Pennsylvania. 😞

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be in Ensenada, Baja when it hits so...bring it on nature!!
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Please send them back.
Tell them it's too early and that Bob in Calgary isn't ready for winter yet. I'm sure they will understand.
Thank you, I appreciate your help....
:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com