cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Ladder Question

Mr__Steve
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking of purchasing a new ladder, I am also considering carrying it on my Winnebago roof ladder in the rear. In general I am thinking about 30 pounds, I know the ladder can take over 200 for a person to climb up, but my concern is how much can it take while in motion? Any input appreciated. Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I carry one of These. It straps to the existing ladder with bungee cords for traveling. And if you configure it as a platform, with a board across it, its high enough to look at the roof and as a straight 12' ladder, you have something to hold onto when taking that last step onto the roof. Personally, I can't think of anything important enough for me to actually climb on the roof. I fear that I'd be inside the RV before I knew it.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a seven foot double sided step ladder for those little things like branches, little on the road maintenance issues and such. fits in the basement about 4 inch by 4 inch and seven feet long. if I need on the roof, I use the roof ladder that was installed on the coach from the factory. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
You would have to check with your manufacturer.

Why not either store it inside the camper or your truck? Better yet, if you have the finances for it, the telescoping ladders are apparently very nice and great for camping.

Good advice.

Telescoping ladder -or- Little Giant.

BTW - way better & safer than vertical "flush mount" RV ladder.
The $$ you spend ("finances") for the ladder vs cost of medical bills.
Should be a "no brainer".

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
We found a ladder hanging on the back ladder was a hassle. Purchased a 12ft Little Giant look-alike at Menards for ~$60 and carry it in the bed of truck. Much easier.
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
You would have to check with your manufacturer.

Why not either store it inside the camper or your truck? Better yet, if you have the finances for it, the telescoping ladders are apparently very nice and great for camping.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS