cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Burns on the HE Bailey Turnpike/I-44

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
I passed by the rest stop at MM 86 on the HE Bailey Turnpike/I-44 earlier today. As we passed, we saw an RV (not sure what type -- I couldn't see it -- my grandson told me) It was parked at the pump and in flames. Several fire trucks and police vehicles were there. In addition a long convoy of Army Humvees was parked there. Didn't stop, and could not see what else might have been damaged. Also, I have seen no news coverage so far. This happend about 1pm CST.
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
4 REPLIES 4

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping the same. We saw the smoke form some distance. At first, I thought it was a grass fire. Trucks usually park between the pumps and the road; however, today there was a long line of Army Humvees there which blocked my view. My grandson saw it and told me it was an RV at one of the humps.
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hopefully no one was injured or all will recover.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
I live 30 miles from that rest stop. I have not seen anything on it from any of the local news sources. This is in SW Oklahoma three miles north of Chickasha,OK.

GM
Honda CR-V Toad
English Bride

Just a reminder folks to be as careful as possible out there.