cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV cover to cover a Firetruck

AC09
Explorer
Explorer
Our department just received a brand new Type III Widland fire Apparatus. It's on an International chassis with a forward facing cab configuration. Due to lack of space we dont have a truck bay to park it in. And it being red and parked in the sun in Yuma, AZ is no bueno!
So I am in search of an RV cover that we can use to cover it. Can anyone recommend a good cover that will work?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
macgrg wrote:
Hi there, I live in Tempe and have an Adco cover that came with my 31ft Lazy Daze Class C. I don't use and you are welcome to it. Ya'll just gotta figure out how to get from here to there.

Tim

UPS, FEDEX, USPS. They all go there everyday. Call, get shipping, get paid for it, send it. Simple. Or, since it is only a 3 hr trip, maybe they will just come pick it up as that will be way cheaper than buying a new one.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

macgrg
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there, I live in Tempe and have an Adco cover that came with my 31ft Lazy Daze Class C. I don't use and you are welcome to it. Ya'll just gotta figure out how to get from here to there.

Tim

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ferrarafire.com/Apparatus/Wildland/TypeIII/TypeIII.html

Nice looking truck.
Could always kick an older truck out and put the new one in.
Using a cover would take sometime to uncover in a hurry.
Think the large car port is a cheap way to go.
Making the truck useable in a hurry.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Is this a Temp solution?
Sean a lot of Fire Stations that us a big car port.
Put sides part way down to keep sun off. leave open enough to allow wind to blow through. Keeps it from getting destroyed.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I can't imagine you would want to have to delay a response by spending several minutes uncovering the rig. A metal roof structure would suit you better.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Like I said, my cover is an off the shelf unit from CampingWorld made by ADCO. I'm on year 2 and I might get 3, but despite my best efforts, some holes have appeared and the patching material supplied doesn't work. The workmanship was shoddy (crappy zippers and missing buckles) and since it is designed to fit a range of sizes, it doesn't fit mine very well at all.

However, It has done an outstanding job of protecting the finish, decals, rubber, roof, etc. of my motorhome. AZ sun, as you know, is brutal, probably worse in Yuma than in Sedona. The cover will work for you.

It sounds like either a trailer or Class A cover will work. Give Adco a call. Have some dimensions ready for them and let them guide you. See if an off the shelf cover will fit good enough.

Take Care,
Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

AC09
Explorer
Explorer
eric1514 wrote:
Have a bake sale and raise money for a steel carport. No matter what cover you get, the house will burn down before you get the thing off your truck.

If you insist, I'd call a company like ADCO up and see what they can do for you. CW advertises custom covers for RVs at about $45/ft. Do the math, and I think you'll find a carport competitively priced, especially when you consider that cover will only last 2 to 3 years.

That being said, I use a cover on my RV because 1) I'm not in a hurry to unwrap, 2) I didn't buy a custom cover, so it only ran me $300, and 3) My neighbors would balk at a metal carport.

Good Luck,
Eric

Bake Sale? Thats a lot of cookies!?! The truck is a Wildland Firefighting Apparatus so it is not a first out immediate response unit so no worries about the cover taking time to get off. Plans are in the works for a permanent shade structure but money being tight we may not see that happen for awhile. So the cover would be a quick fix until we do get the shade.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Have a bake sale and raise money for a steel carport. No matter what cover you get, the house will burn down before you get the thing off your truck.

If you insist, I'd call a company like ADCO up and see what they can do for you. CW advertises custom covers for RVs at about $45/ft. Do the math, and I think you'll find a carport competitively priced, especially when you consider that cover will only last 2 to 3 years.

That being said, I use a cover on my RV because 1) I'm not in a hurry to unwrap, 2) I didn't buy a custom cover, so it only ran me $300, and 3) My neighbors would balk at a metal carport.

Good Luck,
Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar