cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

PopcornJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
$0.99 gas is a possibility for some areas. We are currently paying $1.84, so I don't see it happening where I live. By the way, I'm not complaining about paying under $2 because at the high point we were paying $4.50.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

Traveler_II
Explorer
Explorer
Just a few weeks ago when the price of fuel was so high we really did looks for ways to reduce the amount of fuel we were using. We would think ahead and plan our shopping trips to cut down on the number of trips to the store, we would drive the speed limit and slow down from the posted speed on the interstate. We didnโ€™t cut down on our RV trips but would stay longer in one spot than we normally would.

Now that diesel is $2.39 in town and gas is $1.49 I find Iโ€™m back to my old tricks. I know that the speculators were a big reason for the higher cost, but also was the demand. I for one need not to look at the price as much as my driving habits. If I want the price to stay down I need to use less and save my fuel for what I really love doing--RVing.
2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 185
Nights Camped in 2015 - 231
Nights Camped in 2016 - 162

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
$1.73 at Costco in Md.
bumpy

Same price at the head of the lakes. :B

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
$1.73 at Costco in Md.
bumpy

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
RV-1/2n-FUN wrote:
I am pretty sure that many of my fellow Americans who have lost their job might have some doom and gloom in their life right now.

I was referring to the price of gas/oil only. You'll get no argument from me that the economy is bad right now.

equiguy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, $1.399 today here in KC.

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
AO_hitech wrote:
Were are all the doom and gloomers...

(that sound you hear are crickets ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

I am pretty sure that many of my fellow Americans who have lost their job might have some doom and gloom in their life right now. Probably can't even take advantage of the lower gasoline prices since putting food on the table and keeping a roof over their head takes priority over most everything else.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
$1.99 here in expensive CA!

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

myersphx
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick note to say I spent $1.96 a gallon today in Phoenix. Guess the prices can come back down. Now to keep them down. Remember when $5s' worth would run you a week or more in the car????

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
Reformulated Gasoline Blendstock for Oxygen Blending (RBOB) Futures is the new name for unleaded gas futures and the price dropped to 99.5 cents today ! We could see 99 cent gas at retail stations in 2009 at the rate it's dropping !!

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Were are all the doom and gloomers...

(that sound you hear are crickets ๐Ÿ˜‰ )