cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

slowlane
Explorer
Explorer
macira wrote:
.... things are are worth what they cost to produce plus a reasonable profit. ...... "Charge what you can get" is surely not "supply and demand". It amounts to robbery.

1. What any thing is "worth" is what a buyer is willing to pay for it in the absence of fraud or coercion. The notion that the economic value of something is a function of its production cost is Marxist nonsense.

2. Everyone with something to sell will charge what they can get unless they are making gifts. Would you sell your used vehicle or boat or house to a stranger for less than you could get? Let me know when you are selling something.

Class is dismissed.
07 Rev 40E
Happily and guiltlessly maximizing my carbon footprint

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
winkyb wrote:
kudos383 wrote:
looks like the oil bubble is about to burst!!!!ha ha

Maybe and maybe in six months gas will drop a few cents.But now the states are all ready poor mouthing of how they need to raise the gas tax as people are buying less gas.

I for one hope they do. Maybe it will get a few roads fixed around here and encourage people to continually look for ways to cut down on the amount of oil they are using.

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
kudos383 wrote:

Maybe and maybe in six months gas will drop a few cents.But now the states are all ready poor mouthing of how they need to raise the gas tax as people are buying less gas.

kudos383
Explorer
Explorer

Strawfoot
Explorer
Explorer
2Rad4U wrote:
onrecess wrote:
The oil companies are making a killing (exxon 100 billion aditional profit this year) with NO shortage, and their mouthpieces have many convinced to give them the drilling off FL and in the artic to "fix" the fictional shortage and save us.
Duh.
I can't even imagine what these folks are smoking... or is it drinking the Kool-aid??
They are robbing youj blind so give them everything they want.
Sounds like Reagan giving arms for the hostages. Like "Charlie's War where they created and armed Al-qeda. Muddled thinking and sheep following.

My vote for one of the best posts. Finally, someone that can look beyond the billboards...

The oil companies are not making a killing. They are making just about what other equal sized companies are making. They are returning modest profits to shareholders. They do pay more in taxes than just about any company, though.

No shortages? Says who? The U.S. requires over 20 million barrels of oil each day. Domestically, the oil companies are producing around 8 million barrels a day. 8 is less than 20, right? That leaves us in short supply and requires us to import oil from overseas. You following? It's hardly "fictional". China says it will require 84 million barrels of oil per day by 2018, the current maximum output worldwide. When you see supply charts leveling off at 84 million barrels a day and you look over at demand charts that have a line going almost straight up past 148 million barrels in less than a decade, well, you don't have to be a math wiz to figure out what will happen.

As far as drilling off the Florida coast or in Alaska, there hasn't been any decision to allow either. Not for U.S. oil companies. China is planning on drilling off the Florida coast, it was reported. There has already been plenty of drilling in Alaska. Maybe you heard about the pipeline we built up there. The proposed site is in a protected area. It is a very small parcel of land and could provide years of domestic oil supply. It would also help reduce the skyrocketing oil prices of today.

As far as the muddled thinking of politicians like Ronald Reagan and how he may have supported the Afghan rebels while they were fighting the Russians, you might remember a day when other such muddled thinking politicians sat down with, and did business with Stalin. Not the ideal ally, to be certain, but the greater good was to defeat the Nazi's.

2007 Keystone Cougar 244RLS
520 watts solar, 790 amp-hr @ 12v, 2000 watt Magnum, Winegard Slimline HD, 32" LCD, Onkyo 7-channel surround + sub-woofer, JT Strongarms, 16" HiSpec Wheels, BFG Commercial T/A's, Yamaha EF3000iSEB (propane), Thule T2 Bike Rack

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
onrecess wrote:
The oil companies are making a killing (exxon 100 billion aditional profit this year) with NO shortage, and their mouthpieces have many convinced to give them the drilling off FL and in the artic to "fix" the fictional shortage and save us.
Duh.
I can't even imagine what these folks are smoking... or is it drinking the Kool-aid??
Sounds like Reagan giving arms for the hostages. Like "Charlie's War where they created and armed Al-qeda. Muddled thinking and sheep following.

My vote for one of the best posts. Finally, someone that can look beyond the billboards...
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
DWN wrote:
If Congress gave the go ahead to drilling, nuclear plants, shale, coal, the price of oil would drop immediatly.

My vote for dumbest post on the Internet
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
Duh.
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone that is interested here is a web sit that will assist you in sending a letter to your representives in congress. It provides editable text with their plan to stop excessive oil speculation.

http://capwiz.com/sosnow/issues/alert/?alertid=11571321

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Now Nancy Pelosi want to drain off our back up supplies of oil to save us a "Couple" of cents a gallon? Does she think we will never need it in case of war?
And NEVER think it is not possible for us to fight on our own land either.

In speaking about European countries, we tend to forget exactly how BIG America is in comparison.

Europeans, seeing Nevada for the first time, are amazed while they travel from Basin to Basin, hour after hour, and they are STILL in Nevada.
Rhode Island is the size of some countries.

If there is a way to see Whom votes for What, then I suggest we all examine it for future (election time) reference.

Ask what your Constitution can do for us all.

Fun and games are great, but not when we are being threatened, and threatened we all are.

I have decided to top off my tank when it is 1/4 empty instead of 1/2.

The way that crazy things are going, it (Might) come to pass that, "Overnight" gas stations could be told to close down or to immediately begin rationing.

Every Boy Scout is taught to "Be Prepared", so why not follow a good example.

I hope nothing comes of all this, but why take chances.

TxTwo
Explorer
Explorer
Nero supposively fiddled while Rome burned - well the U.S. may still be fiddling - while Russia drills in the Arctic. No problem for them! They are off to find oil, gas, gold, all the riches they can dig up in the extreme temperatures.

The following is a piece from the article linked below.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Friday toured a new Arctic oil rig intended to boost Moscow's position in the intensifying competition for northern energy reserves.
Putin also met ministers and top oil executives in the Severodvinsk shipyard to discuss prospects for developing more Arctic fields, which are estimated to contain up to a quarter of Russia's proven oil and gas reserves.

"The Arctic zone is a guarantee of Russia's economic power. Oil, gas, gold, diamonds and phosphates -- it's all there," Artur Chilingarov, a member of parliament who is also an Arctic explorer, told AFP before the meeting.

"We need to find new oil fields ... We need to go offshore," he said.

Rest of article is: Here
TxTwo

TxTwo
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't read all 71 pages of this post to see if this idea has been presented before, but is it just a coincidence - or why is it that every time the price of oil drops - as it did last week to $131 at one point, then the next day or shortly thereafter, Iran or Russia or Hugo Chavez - comes out with new threats or shoots off missiles (now it appears that the missiles shot off by Iran are old missiles or bogus video - as being reported on Drudge right now and N.Y. Times tomorrow - (supposively) - and then the price of oil races right back up to new highs. Russia, Iran and Venezuela are all big oil producers and they make a ton of extra money for every dollar the price increases. Just curious to me.
TxTwo

scooter4
Explorer
Explorer
macira wrote:
Having done work with statistics,I assure you you can cook up a chart to show most anything. But fact is production still exceeds demand, not by a lot but does.
""Charge what you can get" is surely not "supply and demand". It amounts to robbery.
Supply and demand is business between honest folks based on the honesty of both. What we are seeing today as evidenced by the "oh my god the black rag gang in Iran fired a missle" lets boost the price is crooked. Sort of like a business deal where one party has a Pistol.
Final point IF demand exceeds production find me the empty storage tanks!!

Thank you, " well said ".
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DWN
Explorer
Explorer
I hope the electorate remembers what is going on come November. If Congress gave the go ahead to drilling, nuclear plants, shale, coal, the price of oil would drop immediatly. Maybe the pressure will get to these liberal phonies. Nevada's embarassment shabby Harry Ried says oil and coal makes people sick so no drilling. Great response, shabby. We won't forget come election day.

Sea_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bob.
Good to hear from you!
I am a little confused by your mpg figure.
I am sure that you do not expect thirty four miles per.
Did you mean to say three to four miles per gallon?

As far as miles driven, I realize that many of your campers do drive long distances.
It seems to be a popular myth in both Canada and America that only short and local trips are taken, thus the higher price of petrol is not as big an issue.

Keep in touch.
Life is short,Death is long,
Take a vacation.