cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews Reliable or Not?

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am somewhat new to Rving so I thought that RV park reviews was a reliable site, but after my past experience, I now know that RV park reviews doesn't appear to have the true facts about a RV park. Last Dec. I had a bad experience with a park, and I posted a negative comment on my experience, I also posted many positive experiences that I had staying at other parks at the same time. RV park reviews posted all my comments positive & negative, plus I received an email from someone asking me to contract the park manager, at the park that I posted the negative comment about, and also told me what a wonderful person the manager was in the email...I don't how this person got my email address?

I recently checked the reviews about this park, and my negative review has been deleted, but all the positive reviews I made about other parks were still there. I have contracted RV park reviews about this problem, and a administrator emailed me that he would look into it for me. I am good forward to the answer.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
55 REPLIES 55

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a problem RV park reviews....been using the site and posting reviews for 6yrs.

As far as comments concerning either negative reviews despairing or being contacted by the park manager because of a negative review I would post the concern on their camping forum. More often than not you will get a response from a forum member who is also involved with the reviews.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the reviews I've posted are still there. Although RvParkReviews.com isn't perfect, the reviews are mostly accurate, just have to weed out the overly positive/negative comments to get a better sense of the RV park in question. I've left plenty of below average reviews and have never been contacted by anyone.

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
X3. Mine are all still there including ones with some negative comments.

Your experience seems really strange because I don't see any way a person can read the review and be able to contact the person who wrote it.

I really hope you will enlighten everybody if you learn more.

Sometimes when you post a reply it automatically sends you and email saying someone posted a reply. In some cases, some sites will quote the reply. It may seem to come from the poster but it's just an auto forward program.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
I was contacted by a supposed manager about a bad park review that I posted on RV Park Reviews. I ignored it.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Your review may have moved to archives. The website posts about 4 current reviews and moves older reviews to archives. At the bottom of the reviews for each park you can click on "Display Older Reviews" for the park. By clicking here you will see the older reviews that have moved into the archives.

I use RV Park Reviews and have found the majority of the posted reviews to be accurate. I will ignore the reviews where an RVer posts a comment like, "My kids were told not to ride their skateboards in the park" or the guard made us put our dog on a leash ...rule violations.

I look for parks where the majority of the reviews indicate a good experience at the park.

same here. I often see my reports move to archives. I have never been contacted by a park about a bad review. I think i have about 50 reviews so far
:C

God Bless

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t even look at them anymoreโ€ฆ I found them to be un-reliable as often as not, so throwing a dart to the dart board was just as goodโ€ฆ
While I respect others opinions and I donโ€™t think the remarks were intentionally misleading I just find the rants and the raves to be bias and overstated most of the timeโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
X3. Mine are all still there including ones with some negative comments.

Your experience seems really strange because I don't see any way a person can read the review and be able to contact the person who wrote it.

I really hope you will enlighten everybody if you learn more.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
super_camper wrote:
I use the site often. All of the reviews I submitted (about 20 or so), are still there both positive and negative.

X-2!!. Never had anything deleted and have never been asked to contact anyone, or been contacted by anyone there.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
I am somewhat new to Rving so I thought that RV park reviews was a reliable site, but after my past experience, I now know that RV park reviews doesn't appear to have the true facts about a RV park. Last Dec. I had a bad experience with a park, and I posted a negative comment on my experience, I also posted many positive experiences that I had staying at other parks at the same time. RV park reviews posted all my comments positive & negative, plus I received an email from someone asking me to contract the park manager, at the park that I posted the negative comment about, and also told me what a wonderful person the manager was in the email...I don't how this person got my email address?

I recently checked the reviews about this park, and my negative review has been deleted, but all the positive reviews I made about other parks were still there. I have contracted RV park reviews about this problem, and a administrator emailed me that he would look into it for me. I am good forward to the answer.

I use the site often. All of the reviews I submitted (about 20 or so), are still there both positive and negative.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Your review may have moved to archives. The website posts about 4 current reviews and moves older reviews to archives. At the bottom of the reviews for each park you can click on "Display Older Reviews" for the park. By clicking here you will see the older reviews that have moved into the archives.

I use RV Park Reviews and have found the majority of the posted reviews to be accurate. I will ignore the reviews where an RVer posts a comment like, "My kids were told not to ride their skateboards in the park" or the guard made us put our dog on a leash ...rule violations.

I look for parks where the majority of the reviews indicate a good experience at the park.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. If someone is deleting postings that's a big no no to me. Dd you give the administrator the name and email address of the person who contacted you ? I would imagine it had to be an inside job with the website to have access to your email address.

Would love to know what park it is.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L