cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Shipping opinions

Streff
Explorer
Explorer
We are close to purchasing a Class B Van around 24'. Due to my wife's cancer treatment I am unable to go pick it up from St. Louis and drive it back to Phoenix. We have never shipped a car or RV, so this is new due to the circumstances.

I have researched RV shipping outfits but would appreciate any guidance, opinions, Dodd & donts or advice from folks that have done this sort of things.

Thank you in advance

Simon
We shall pass this world but once.
Any kindness we can do, or goodness show, let us do it now
6 REPLIES 6

gclewis
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe I am late to reply about this, but as I am a new member I saw this post now. I would have suggested you to search the internet for vehicle shipping companies. Because they are a reliable source that provide shipping to all type of vehicle as well as some shipping companies provide affordable cost too. Shipping companies like Uship, http://www.wewilltransportit.com provide door to door services, thus helping you to have a stress free shipping.

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
I looked into having one shipped when I bought a class A out of state about 10 years ago. I don't remember the figures but it would have been so expensive I wound up taking a bus from Denver to San Antonio to pick it up in person, even though I was in my 50s then and disabled!

Other options to consider:

- have it stored at sale point until there is a break in your wife's treatment so you can go get it

- have a family member or friend stay with your wife while you go get it

- if you know someone who is temporarily unemployed who you trust, they might welcome the chance to vacation in a motorhome between those two towns
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist in some areas has RV transport drivers. Look for the ones that are bonded and insured.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
talk to your local rv dealer they should know some drivers.

MrWizard
family member drive it out ?
and then fly them back home ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Find someone to drive it for you.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually