cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rx refills on road

bussboy
Explorer
Explorer
can i get a rx refill in any state other than the one where the doctor wrote the rx
13 REPLIES 13

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
gafidler wrote:
I have auto refills with express scripts mailed to my daughters house and she forwards them to where I am parked, works well for controlled substance also.

Hope you don't get caught. I think it's illegal to put controlled substances through the mail.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I miss Walgreens, my new insurance uses CVS. They work the same, they just call the 'main' location where the pharmacy slips were dropped off and go from there.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
I use Walgreen they seem to be everywhere. If not I would ask my home Rx to mail them to me.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Certain controlled pain meds have to be refilled in the state where the prescription was originally filled.

All other prescriptions are not a problem - and a lot easier to have refilled. It is easiest to use a major national pharmacy chain such as Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc.

Many of us are on mail order 90 day prescription plans forced by our insurance companies. That is actually the easiest to have sent to a single location all the times, and have our mail forwarded to us where ever we are located.

Check with your insurance company for details, because our advice doesn't guarantee to be what your prescription insurance requires.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
I have auto refills with express scripts mailed to my daughters house and she forwards them to where I am parked, works well for controlled substance also.

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
cmcdar wrote:
Yes, Walmart anywhere as well. Many/most big chain pharmacies will do this.

X-2
Simply submit the RX or show the prescription container at the check- in window.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
bussboy wrote:
can i get a rx refill in any state other than the one where the doctor wrote the rx

Simple answer is yes but there may be some issues with some meds such as controlled narcotic type drugs where the doctor needs to write the script if you change areas or states.

I had an issue with diabetic supplies and Medicare whereas the doctor wrote the script for Walmart and some refills no problem as long as I stayed with the same walmart. When I went to another Walmart a new script had to be written even though the script was in the system regulations required Walmart to have a new script and reason.

JimR

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walgreens. Transfer the prescription - good throughout the country. Six months on the road last winter, 16 states, zero issues with meds.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Moved from Forum Technical Support

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience, yes, as long as it is not a controlled substance. I had a med once that was on the list and it could only be transferred once to another state; then, once the prescription was used up, I had to go see a doctor in the new state to get a new prescription. Talk to any of the chain pharmacies; they can probably help clarify for you.

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Walmart anywhere as well. Many/most big chain pharmacies will do this.
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We do it all the time, but, it does depend on the particular medicine. Some medicines cannot be transmitted electronically. And in New York, and maybe some other states, once a script in transferred into that state, it cannot be transferred to any other state.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Do it all the time we have all them sent to Walgreen's and each of their locations can access the data on their computer system
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks