cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sears 3000 inverter

honda1
Explorer
Explorer
any reviews on this inverter at lowes $ 849.00 , what's the decibel level anyone have one ?...
13 REPLIES 13

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
jeromep wrote:
I have this feeling I'm going to be scoffed at, but the inverter generators at Harbor Freight are a great value. They have a 3000 which also has parallel ports like the smaller 2000. It's kind of hefty, but it is also really quiet. Price is fairly competitive.

Here's a link.

They work well until you need a 50 cent part. You then throw the whole thing in a dumpster and buy another.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Find a used Honda or Yamaha. You'll be much happier in 5 years.
I replaced a well working Yamaha with a newer Champion about 3 years ago. I couldn't be happier so far. I don't use a generator enough to wear one out that quickly, so I can't speak to the longevity. But I can tell you the Champion is quieter, uses less gas, and starts the A/C much easier than the Yamaha. It weighs quite a bit more, but I hated lifting the Yamaha into the truck bed too.

I just don't think Red and Blue have the advantage that they once did. JMHO of course.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
jeromep wrote:
I have this feeling I'm going to be scoffed at, but the inverter generators at Harbor Freight are a great value. They have a 3000 which also has parallel ports like the smaller 2000. It's kind of hefty, but it is also really quiet. Price is fairly competitive.

Here's a link.

OP: Usually you will receive the best/most replies for GENERATOR Q & A in the *Tech Issues* forums here.

Jeromep: Many folks "scoffed at" the Champion brand of gens - because they didn't know any better.

Everyone should do their homework and research the various brands....including *customer service* after you purchase.

IMO - often the Blue (I have one) and the Red (have one of those also) do not receive the same level of service (when you have a problem) as the dealers have lots of owners of "other things" with engines to take care of...first.

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer

Here's a link.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:

I agree, I have the Yamaha generator 2000i. It's quiet and runs for approximately 12 hours on a gallon of gas. Purchased it new last year for just under $900

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
subcamper wrote:

There are some real eye-opening questions, like "Can I run this generator indoors?".

Steve

Yes, you can run it indoors. But, probably only one time. :S

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II

subcamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you go to the link that gbopp gave (which is at Lowes) and scroll down to the Q & A section, you will find that several people asked questions about the decibel level.

Interestingly, there are a couple of answers from Generac (which previous posts alluded to being the manufacturer of the Craftsman) in which Generac says that because there are no industry standards for noise level measurement they won't give a noise rating on any of their products.

Some owners of the genny chipped in saying that it was "very quiet" and I think one of them said "around 52 dB" and another said he measured 75-80dB 5 feet in front of it but says his gen may have been defective.

There are some real eye-opening questions, like "Can I run this generator indoors?".

Steve

honda1
Explorer
Explorer
yes that's the one , wanted to find out the decibel level is , just says quiet , & if its any good .

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
So this is a generator ? Inverter style

Not a stand alone 12v to 120vac inverter . That runs from battery power

I think the OP is referring to this Craftsman Generator.

MrWizard
So this is a generator ? Inverter style

Not a stand alone 12v to 120vac inverter . That runs from battery power
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
99% certain it is a Generac GP30001 with red plastic. Generac sold at Home Depot for $749

Only 2300 running watts.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own one. I have read that they are built by Generac for Stanley Black & Decker who owns Craftsman.