cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling RV

broncobill1964
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who have sold a travel trailer or 5th wheel, did you include the hitch? I just put an ad for our TT and said nothing about the hitch. Is the hitch something that is always included without saying?
9 REPLIES 9

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
Last year sold truck and 5th wheel. Did not advertise hitch. Ended up selling separately, hitch went with the truck to make the deal for more $$. Would have sold the hitch with the trailer if the deal was good.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I've always considered the hitch to be part of the TV, rather than the trailer, probably because I've always owned "unusual" tow vehicles with hitches specific to the vehicle. I can see how a hitch from a Chevy, Ford, or Ram truck might be widely salable. But how many people do you know who tow with a BMW X5?

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
We sold the old TT last spring and bought a new one. Included the hitch with the old TT to seal the deal, then showed the new owners how to use it. The new trailer is heavier so I was getting a new hitch anyway.
06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS

path1
Explorer
Explorer
broncobill1964 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll wait and see what they say tonight.
i guess it could be a bargaining tool.

X2...Correct that's what I did.

Buyer tried to talk me out of everything. So I unloaded everything. Such a cheap guy, if he wanted the trailer I told him to get his own hitch. He came back with a harbor freight cheapie on a chev S-10 (small) pick up to haul 6,000 pound trailer. And he didn't need a brake controller because he "just put new brakes on my pick up". Told him I would keep trailer on my property for a week or until he got properly rigged up. He said "someone might steel the tires in the mean time".

If you see cash, deal with it then. But there not much of market for used hitches, unless one of those big buck hitches.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have never included the hitch on any RV that I sold, maybe that's why I have 5 different hitches on my shop floor ,one is a Hensley..LOL
samsontdog:o:W

broncobill1964
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll wait and see what they say tonight.
i guess it could be a bargaining tool.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't say anything about the hitch. If you get your price on the TT throw it in to make the deal. If you have to come down in price to make the deal sell the hitch separate.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
When we sold our HTT, we offered an Equal-i-zer for sale with it, but did not include it. The buyer claimed he had a hitch system, although they did not have it with them when them came to buy the HTT. We ended up selling it separately.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
No the hitch can be separate especially if your are getting another TT. You can include it to make the deal though. The ball is in your court since it wasn't listed in your add. Good luck with your sale!
Brian