cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Separate” sink in a wet bath?

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
For larger wet baths that include a sink, how common is it to have a sink that is separate from the shower pump (e.g. the shower isn’t piped off of it/it doesn’t utilize the same faucet or pipe as the shower head), instead with its own faucet like a “classic sink”? I’ve seen some fold-out sinks with faucets within that function as separate sinks unconnected to the shower like that…but I don’t know if I’ve ever seen one like that that DOESN’T fold. Do these exist in wet baths? Are they as uncommon as they seem?

I’ve seen buyable “shower enclosures” presumably for installing into houses which are designed like that, at least by the look of their layout; are there RV wet baths built the same way (for example with the shower head, pump, and faucet handles on one wall, and a separate sink with its own pump/faucet on another wall rather than being the source of the shower head)
11 REPLIES 11

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:
coolusername wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I have a separate wall-mounted single lever control for my shower, which I think is what you are asking.

Dave

Yes this is what I was thinking. So you've got a separate wall-mounted control for the shower, as well as a separate sink with its own faucet and controls?
Exactly.

Dave

I see! Do you know if by any chance you could supply a picture of that interior (or if you can post an image of another wet bath setup of the same model/structure, if you’d rather not post your own)? I’d like to be able to visually see it but I’m struggling to find anything that looks like what I’m imagining when I search through images online.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
coolusername wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I have a separate wall-mounted single lever control for my shower, which I think is what you are asking.

Dave

Yes this is what I was thinking. So you've got a separate wall-mounted control for the shower, as well as a separate sink with its own faucet and controls?
Exactly.

Dave

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
Design of bathroom sinks can vary. With larger RVs the sink is likely to be built in and look similar to a household unit.

The split between the shower and sink could be behind the wall as in a home bath. In some units there will be a single faucet with a diverter to direct water to the shower or to the sink.

And this applies to wet baths too, not just dry? I just ask because I'm not sure if I've ever seen a wet bath with a "household-style"/"home bath-style" sink like that, although I haven't gotten the chance to check many.

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:

Dave

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not sure I understand the concern. Design of bathroom sinks can vary. With larger RVs the sink is likely to be built in and look similar to a household unit. In a smaller RV the bathroom sink is typically going to be a folding unit that allows more space when not in use. RVs also differ in the plumbing configuration. All will have common hot and cold water supply lines. The split between the shower and sink could be behind the wall as in a home bath. In some units there will be a single faucet with a diverter to direct water to the shower or to the sink.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I have a separate wall-mounted single lever control for my shower, which I think is what you are asking. I wish they had skipped the sink and made the whole shower/toilet area larger since the sink is small and cramped and the kitchen sink is 30” away across the aisle.

Dave

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
A wet bath is an RV bathroom where the entire bathroom is the shower - the toilet and sink (if there is a bathroom sink) sit in the shower space and get wet when you use the shower.

I've never seen an RV wet bath with separate water lines for the sink vs the shower. In most smaller RVs, they don't have a sink in the bathroom at all.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
What is a "wet bath"?

coolusername
Explorer II
Explorer II
In retrospect I think “pump” wasn’t the right term to use (apologies, I’m not very versed with the technical stuff yet), maybe what I meant to say was the “hose” or “pipes” for the shower head or faucet.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The whole RV runs off of the one pump. Or none at all if on city water.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold