cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Queen bed length too short!

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
After owning one Class C with a short queen, I resolved to never own another short queen bed. I reckon the first quality manufacturer that makes exclusive 60 by 80 beds in their smaller units will win a market niche that will extend for years.

Airstream, Bigfoot, some Arctic Fox, so many others just make the smaller beds and limit themselves to those that can fit into one. I would have bought either one of them years ago if only they would add six inches to the bed length.

What do you think? Can enough people protest to make a difference.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel
9 REPLIES 9

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I am not looking for a full queen bed model, I have one. I just find it hard to fathom why some manufacturers don't even offer a full length queen bed.

Maybe someone will make two identical models, one six inches longer than the other with a full length queen, and see what sells the best. If I am looking at a new TT or FW and one is $1000 more with a full queen I would not hesitate to take the unit with the largest resale appeal.

Your feet can still hang out if you like. You won't need to take the walk around feature out so you can extend the bed. As another said, I never would have and never will buy one with a short bed.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
My 'C' had a full size queen in it when I bought it. It was also the same length as the space for it. That meant making the bed while I was in it. It was also a cheap mattress - cheaply made. So I had a Short Queen made by "The Original Mattress Factory" near my home so that I could walk around it. Same firmness as the one I had made for my home. And no more expensive than a standard queen. Unfortunately for some, their stores are all located in the east. Minnesota is as far west as they go.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Open Range.... we love ours... we have full sized KING bed in our 323RLS... and res fridge.... and W/D connections...2 year warranty... 4 season... It is a very well built trailer....good luck

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
In answer to your question - No. Most manufacturers offer full size queens in some models, kings in others. Plenty of choices out there. My new Bay Star Sport has a full queen but only because it also has a slide just for the bed. I'd be fine with the mh with a short queen and without the slide.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
There has been a few rv's I would have bought 'only if' xxx was different 🙂
So I doubt they are going to increase the short queen cause someone didn't buy their camper because of it, cause many still do buy it.
I hear you tho, a short queen is useless to many! I know I never bought an rv with one and won't LOL

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We had room to extend the frame to fit a new California queen pillow top mattress. With the headboard that slopes back, I had no room at all before.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe if I were full timing it in an RV, I'd look for a longer bed... But, for the 'weekend warrior' camping I'm doing now and only having a 22' TT to begin with, the shorter queen bed is actually preferred.. 😉

I've grown up with my feet hanging off the end of most beds I've slept in, so not a big deal for me (6'3" since I was 16 years old). I actually prefer it, as my feet just hang out there and I don't have to twist them, or have them rest on my toes while sleeping. I also like my feet hanging out if it's warm, because it keeps me cooler while sleeping.. Okay, TMI, but that's just me.. 🙂

Good luck and they do make full size queen/king beds in RV's... You just have to pony up the extra $$ for them usually. (or modify it yourself)

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If you want it and have the money, you can buy whatever you want, however big you want it.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
It's supply and demand. Lots of shorter people buy RVs too. And lots of taller people don't care. It's not that hard to buy a full-length queen.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board