cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slideout safety

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if anybody has a good way to protect kids heads from hitting the corners on the slides. I looked at the guards at CW but that is just hard rubber and pipe insulation doesn't stay on very well.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD
10 REPLIES 10

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Darwin will solve the issue...or they will grow tall enough that it no longer is a problem ๐Ÿ˜‰
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Google "Foam Edge Protectors"
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

generaljean
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some 2'long wind twirleys that we hang from each corner of the slide at a flea market. Even if you're walking with your head down, because they're 2' long, you see the twirleys before your head connects with the corners. We clamp them on with a small plastic clamp and have fishing swivels between the clamp and string for the twirleys so they don't twist up when the wind blows. Just make sure you put them on after you put the slide out or you'll konk your head again.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Took my son about four times on the first two trips and now zero issues. Live and learn, that's why kids are hard headed.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Teamfour wrote:
Leave the kids at home.

Seriously, it should only take once or twice before the kids figure out how to avoid the danger.
Didn't take me but one time to realize it was there but took a couple more to realize it was still there. Those swim noodles will help but then you have to remember to remove them and reattach them. I have stood up and been knocked to my knees again but that was the last time I did it. Knock on my hard head. Once maybe twice will help prevent it. Good luck Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Leave the kids at home.

Seriously, it should only take one or twice before the kids figure out how to avoid the danger.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I use a pool noodle too. I cut it to length, slice it lengthwise, and slide it over the corners. Our bedroom slide is notorious for catching a cranium, and the noodles make it painless.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pool noodles work pretty well for the high slides. My low slides don't need any protection.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi