time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
20 REPLIES 20

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Speaking of SpaceX videos - here's mine, which makes me laugh every time ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm glad Elon has a sense of humor!!

Oopsie!

Yep, video proof of the SpaceX "fail and fix" philosophy that has worked well for them so far.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
YC 1 wrote:
New hybred f150 looks interesting. I wonder how that onboard generator will work for running AC's on a pull behind. Could be handy for charging batteries when boondocking.

I suspect RV parks may set up some spaces for charging in the future. Who knows. Demand drives changes.

Although I agree that RV parks may set up a certain amount of spaces with a second 50 amp service, any 50 amp site would work if the renter is willing to do a little power management. EG. Allocate 15 or 20 amps to the EV and the rest to the coach or trailer. We have done this a few times. Works. Campground can charge a premium on the site to cover the extra cost. Set time of day allowing charging etc.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
New hybred f150 looks interesting. I wonder how that onboard generator will work for running AC's on a pull behind. Could be handy for charging batteries when boondocking.

I suspect RV parks may set up some spaces for charging in the future. Who knows. Demand drives changes.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of SpaceX videos - here's mine, which makes me laugh every time ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm glad Elon has a sense of humor!!

Oopsie!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at them when i bought the new truck, otherwise i probably wouldn't know much about it. Like i said, in a few years. Unless your close. All good. And the other modles get a lot less the the 500 miles thats like the 70$ model. About 20 k out of my range. And the 45 k i spent was probably 20 k out of range too! Lol.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Well, always buy what suits your needs.

Finding a station isnโ€™t a thing. The car knows where they are. And V3 Superchargers are reasonably quick. Theyโ€™ll work good for many, not all.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Here ya go. https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122487_towing-a-camper-with-a-tesla-model-x-thank-elon-for-superchargers
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:
As long as its not for towing , sure.

Good enough for any towing I would ever do.

This is my favourite SpaceX video.

Look at the age and diversity of all those engineers.

https://youtu.be/sX1Y2JMK6g8

Some us like to go far, lol. Wait a few, 5 to 10 years when they build an infastruture and can atually tow for a bit. Right now you could go maybe a hour or two away.

Meh. Even if they lose half of the 500 miles when towing that would work for us. Short of our dually F350 no truck we have had could tow over 250 miles. Our Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350 barely made 200 miles. Worked just fine. Theyโ€™ll find a market if they can tow a 6000 pound trailer 250 miles.

Problem is you can fuel up you oil based trucks in less then ten minutes. To fuel up the telsa it will take you more then that to unhook it to plug it in. Thats if you find a spot you can unhook it. I'll ne back on the road allready. Thats if you find a station, and its not holiday time with lines. Like i said, wait a bit, it might get there unless something shinier and cheaper rolls out. They will loose half the mileage off the bat and more as you own it and the battery degrades. Check the you tube for the guy towing with the telsa car. It will put you in the ballpark. I'm not waiting a week to get from nj to Florida. If your campground is a 2 hour drive go for it. Its your dime.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Sjm9911 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:

Some us like to go far, lol. Wait a few, 5 to 10 years when they build an infastruture and can atually tow for a bit. Right now you could go maybe a hour or two away.

Meh. Even if they lose half of the 500 miles when towing that would work for us. Short of our dually F350 no truck we have had could tow over 250 miles. Our Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350 barely made 200 miles. Worked just fine. Theyโ€™ll find a market if they can tow a 6000 pound trailer 250 miles.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Sjm9911 wrote:

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Followed by my favourite Tesla video.

https://youtu.be/azUbCdcAeFM

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Sjm9911 wrote:

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
So, are we ready to go out a buy a Tesla Pickup truck? Amazing technology for sure.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch