cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

STOLEN - 2016 rPod176T

Chasejmc
Explorer
Explorer
Our newly purchased used 2016 rPod 176T was stolen on April 19, 2020 at 8:30pm from a business parking lot in Chantilly, Virginia. We're asking every to keep an eye out for it in camping grounds, on the road, etc. Our sway bar was also stolen. Both had hitch locks on them and security cameras showed the entire robbery. Although it's probably been removed, the rPod had a "Permanent Trailer" Virginia license plate # "11-623 TM".. The VIN sticker ends in "...12999".

The Fairfax County Police Department is investigating it and reviewing the video footage. Unfortunately, the license plate number of the thief's white crew-cab van was not discernible from the security tapes.

If you think you've seen it, please let me know or contact the Fairfax County Police Department. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
On the net Amazon and Ebay etc there are many GPS tracking devices, and Lojack of course. One with its own battery would seem ideal for a towable RV or even one with it's own large battery reserves.
A thief might disconnect a house battery but... a dedicated small battery with enough life to cover storage period and a led to let you know the battery is running out would seem ideal.
Just hide the GPS transponder or Lojack and battery. Even a small solar panel on top to keep it live.
I didn't research different options as to particular suitability for a towable but there are several of them.
Of course closing the door after the horses are already out, this won't help but I thought it an idea later on for the replacement and for others.
We all know about these GPS and LoJack etc but it is not a usual topic and we forget.
I hope they find it before it is destroyed if not that Insurance replaces it for you. Good Luck

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Jerks. I understand TTs are rarely recovered, and you may not want it back. Sorry.
bucky wrote:
Once again I'm reminded I've meant to put a giant ID mark of some kind on our 5er roof so that maybe a rented chopper can find it quickly if needed.
Once they are turned into something on private land you'll likely not find it otherwise.
No offense to law enforcement but that report will likely just sit in a file somewhere. They have bigger fish to fry.
I hope it works out for you.
Very unfortunate. Hopefully the OP had it insured. Agree, unless it has some distinguishing mark that makes it stand out from every other rPod on the road, there's little chance of recovery.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once again I'm reminded I've meant to put a giant ID mark of some kind on our 5er roof so that maybe a rented chopper can find it quickly if needed.
Once they are turned into something on private land you'll likely not find it otherwise.
No offense to law enforcement but that report will likely just sit in a file somewhere. They have bigger fish to fry.
I hope it works out for you.
Puma 30RKSS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bummer dude, sorry to hear that!
Hope fully it wasn't full of a bunch of personal effects.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
How did they steal it? Did they just chain it up to the van and drag it out? Those locks are not much protection if they can just hook chains up, and you probably provided them the chains...
sorry about your loss.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jerks. I understand TTs are rarely recovered, and you may not want it back. Sorry.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad