cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storing an RV other than at home

KeninAZ
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned many a unit over the years but we cannot store an RV at our current home due to HOA restrictions.
So for the last 1.5 years I have stored it some 8 miles away at some expense of course.
Yesterday I went to pick the unit up and found out that sometime in the last 4-6 weeks my unit was hit on the left rear of the bumper which shifted things forward with damage and was preventing us from opening our genset compartment.
Several hours of work later we can open it and I will have to seal the bent up sheet metal area with sealant to protect it from water.
I know I cannot hold the storage yard responsible but I noted that the guy next to me moved out very recently.
I would really like to know who the clown was with that 40' class A so I could go to his home and get a little justice. :B
2000 Bounder 31M Class A~oldie but goodie
Acme EZE Tow Dolly towing 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
19 REPLIES 19

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Report it to the local police as a hit & run or vandalism?

x2 sounds like hit and run, failure to report a property damage accident (PDA)
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
When I stored my unit in a storage lot I wrote down the license plate number of the unit on either side. Never had a problem, but if I had I would have had a place to start.

KeninAZ
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the place has some responsibility, I don't know for sure.
But my rig is old, and maybe worth say $15k and if it had to go against my insurance I have a $1000 deductible.
My problem of course is with the guy who hit me with his 150k or more rig and said nothing.
My rig will not look all that worse and I fixed what I had too.
Just not really happy with the situation is all.
Never had to store my rig anywhere but home before and needless to say nothing ever happened at home to the rig.
At least the damage was little and the rig was not a new one.
2000 Bounder 31M Class A~oldie but goodie
Acme EZE Tow Dolly towing 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, been told more then once that if a place charges money for parking they are responsible for any damages regardless what the signs may say. This might be a state by state thing also.

I would turn the damage in to my insurance company. I would also ask about the Class A. I know my BIL caught a post once and never knew it till he parked his rig.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Report it to the local police as a hit & run or vandalism?