cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strange rating system

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I went to PPL today to look at a few different rigs. One of them is this rear bunk Lacrosse with outdoor kitchen. The pictures look great but I dont think it's in EXCELLENT condition. It also says the owner is very anxious to sell. I'll bet he is.

Lacrosse $15,995

This is in the right front basement storage area.

This is in front of the main door.

13 REPLIES 13

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Trying hard to avoid being snarky but I would have expected the moderator to manage the disparaging comments by X3r3 threepeeoo. Looking at the PPL pictures they would encourage me to investigate if it met my price analysis and I had an interest in buying. There is a world of folks that pass the time cruising sales lot for prurient interest and that's okey until they wantonly disparage some bodies business. X3r3 threpeeoo acknowledges folks think he is snarky in his second or third comment yet that is little help to the person trying to transact a sale.
X3r3 threepeeoo may also want to update his profile photo as the awning appears to be drooping on the left side.

pops

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
Run Forrest Run

You beat me to it! Water damage and I bet much of it is hidden meaning you might have only found 10% of it!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
But it looked excellent from the window in the office 1/4 of a mile away!

No, it looks excellent if I only look at the parts that look excellent. It looks terrible, if. I only look at the parts that look terrible. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (So is ugly).

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
But it looked excellent from the window in the office 1/4 of a mile away!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
Was the vinyl flooring like that when you went there or is this a "break it you buy it" situation? ๐Ÿ™‚

It was like that. Just stuck my hand in there. I think it's been there a while and someone stepped on it and broke through. What I can make of the one door photo it doesn't look like that so who knows how old the photos are.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Was the vinyl flooring like that when you went there or is this a "break it you buy it" situation? ๐Ÿ™‚

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't appear to be excellent by my standards!
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
They did not say it was in excellent condition, what they did say was its appearance rating is excellent.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

When you look at it, it appears excellent. That does not mean it is in excellent condition.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
That was our exact experience at PPL too! A lot full of smelly RVs.

I posted about it here and not everyone was happy with my report. ๐Ÿ™‚
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
That little baby looks like a "cream puff" to me. Why are you hesitating?
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Wow...
Did you point that out to the 'sales person?'
If so what was the response?

No I didn't but it crossed my mind but why bother. I have enough people who hate me! ๐Ÿ™‚

I understand that Texas has a harsh environment but what a bunch of faded out junk. I walked into a 5er that I had looked at on line. As soon as I opened the door it just overwhelming mustiness. The power isn't turned on in them so it was dark and I couldn't see water damage on the ceilings so it must be in the walls. $25,000.
I love my old Coachmen.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...
Did you point that out to the 'sales person?'
If so what was the response?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Rollnhome