cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sun cracked trim

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
The black plastic trim that covers all the screw heads along the top, bottom and corners of my FW is cracking and coming off.

I don't know if this affects the water-tightness of the seams, or if this plastic is just cosmetic.

Does anyone know what the actual name of this trim product is called, or where I can oder more of it??

Thanks, Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"
6 REPLIES 6

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the note on brickyardindustries...looks like they have the right stuff.

Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been buying it in bulk from a seller on Ebay by the name of brickyardindustries. It just seems to hold up to the UV longer, although any of it eventually breaks down if exposed to the sun a lot.

Whatever you buy I would not suggest the product from Camco. I find it lasts 2 years tops.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Screw cover is available from online vendors in various color, width, and length of roll. Determine the width of your covers and amount of length needed before ordering. It is an easy replacement. I replaced all the screw covers on a 22' trailer for around $15.

It is sometimes called vinyl trim insert.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
also measure how a roll you will need

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
It is actually vinyl RV edge trim, can be purchased about anywhere RV supplies are sold. As to function, mostly cosmetic, but has to help some with water intrusion around screws.

Jerry

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Search Amazon for "RV trim insert". You'll find it in many colors. Just be sure to order the correct width. Easy to replace. It doesn't affect watertightness but looks so much better when it's replaced!