cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tank flush

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
In my previous motorhome I installed a Camco Quickie Flush on the black tank.
It worked pretty well.

We will soon be getting a new motorhome and I'm a bit reluctant to drill into the tank to mount another of these flush units.

Are there alternative options that work just as well?

Like this:

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Waste-Valves/Valterra/F02-4110.html
2021 27' Lazy Daze mid bath
13 REPLIES 13

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
SHRED wrote:
It is looking like I will. I installed one on my previous motorhome but the thing leaked when using it. It still did a good job though.
My tornados leaked. When I put the Quickie in I used all brass and pex fittings instead of the flimsy hose and clamps. No leaks.

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
If you install one, try to aim it so it hits your tank sensors.

Good advice.
Thanks

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you install one, try to aim it so it hits your tank sensors.

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I installed a Quickie Flush in my Class C and it was one of the best Mods I have done, and pretty simple.

I picked the Quickie Flush over the Tornado because of the high failure rate of the swivel part. A few of my friends had them fail and it leaves it useless in the tank.

The only thing that I changed is where the hose connects up with the flusher I put a 90 Degree Elbow in it to reduce the strain on the hose and make it closer to the tank.

It looks like this when finished, with a quick disconnect on the end.

Don't get discouraged if it leaks at the hose connections at first they are sometimes hard to get tight. Tightened mine up and have had no leaks anywhere.
Another suggestion is to make a test hole in a piece of wood or something and test fit the device to the hole. I found that the hole size suggested was much larger than needed.
G

I like this.
Thanks

I read another person took their nozzle fitting apart, removed the teflon tape and used pipe thread paste instead along with SS hose clamps.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed a Quickie Flush in my Class C and it was one of the best Mods I have done, and pretty simple.

I picked the Quickie Flush over the Tornado because of the high failure rate of the swivel part. A few of my friends had them fail and it leaves it useless in the tank.

The only thing that I changed is where the hose connects up with the flusher I put a 90 Degree Elbow in it to reduce the strain on the hose and make it closer to the tank.

It looks like this when finished, with a quick disconnect on the end.

Don't get discouraged if it leaks at the hose connections at first they are sometimes hard to get tight. Tightened mine up and have had no leaks anywhere.
Another suggestion is to make a test hole in a piece of wood or something and test fit the device to the hole. I found that the hole size suggested was much larger than needed.
G
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Drill it. I even drilled my Quikie flush nozzle some to direct more water to the rear of the tank and a bit extra at the sensors. And after 15 years the black sensors work like new. That tornado flush was a joke.. two of them busted before I got the Quickie.

It is looking like I will. I installed one on my previous motorhome but the thing leaked when using it. It still did a good job though.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Drill it. I even drilled my Quikie flush nozzle some to direct more water to the rear of the tank and a bit extra at the sensors. And after 15 years the black sensors work like new. That tornado flush was a joke.. two of them busted before I got the Quickie.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a "Flush King" all the time. They work fine. You can even add water to your black tank using the Flush King.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
just a silly question, but why?

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
Depending on how your plumbing is routed, that thing will do a little or nothing.

I have to agree,I have used one and the results were abysmal. This Videowill show you that.

I installed a Camco Quickie Flush on mine and it worked out well,before that I used the Swivel Stick with the rotating head it cleaned pretty well but it was messy.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would think any 'new' RV will have it's own OEM flush system.. My 2019 Rockwood TT has it.. Just have to hook the hose to the proper inlet.

I still have my toilet wand and my toilet still goes straight down to the black tank. Have not used it on the Rockwood yet, but I still carry it!

If my cheap ass RV has a built in flush, I would think any new Class A's have them too, plus way too much other stuff that I don't even know about.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a tank flush on my 2015 TT. Used it twice...but I never dump unless 3/4 full.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on how your plumbing is routed, that thing will do a little or nothing.