cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Theft at a State park.......

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Who in the world would want someone else's SEWER HOSE?

Woke up yesterday morning at Chain-O-lakes state park in northern Indiana (park was full) and walked around to the rear of the RV.

Bumper plug on the ground and stinky slinky GONE.......

I carry a couple in the bumper and the other one was still there......

Stupid is all I can think to say........
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30
31 REPLIES 31

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps the government should reimburse everyone for the purchase of a sewer hose? They seem to want to reimburse folks for everything else.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
I really canโ€™t figure out why someone would take the chance or risk of being injured or death by stealing junk, such as sewer hoses, grills, or bicycles, etc. Nowadays, people with legal permits have protection and have motion cameras on their RVs. I guess thieves think their lives are worth less than the junk or their IQ is below 100, take your pick. Weโ€™ve been lucky; the only living creatures messing around on our camp sites at odd hours are squirrels, raccoons, and grazing deer.

dedmiston
PastorCharlie wrote:
From those who have to those who have not. Redistribution of sewer hoses. Equality. New culture. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dump hose equity. Ugh.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
From those who have to those who have not. Redistribution of sewer hoses. Equality. New culture. ๐Ÿ™‚

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some people will steal anything. We had a year old, ragged out, on it's last legs CHEAP Wal-Mart gas grill stolen off the back of our Class C while it was in a parking lot. It was stolen, because I had checked all the straps on the hitchhaul on the Class C and the grill was still strapped in. We had stopped in to look at a replacement grill. They didn't have any of the cheap ones, but they did have more expensive. We decided that must have been the reason ours was stolen. We simply headed to the town we were staying at and bought one from that local Wal-Mart once they got them back in stock. There was an RV in the parking lot a few spaces away when we walked into the store, but it was pulling out of the parking lot when we came out. I had to retighten the ratchet straps on my hitchhaul.

If something is "borrowed" without prior permission, it's been stolen. Doesn't matter how expensive or how cheap.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
traildog wrote:
I guess my point really isโ€ฆ.who wants someone elseโ€™s stinky slinky? Thatโ€™s just gross.

I get the point for sure, but what would be worse...if they just borrowed it, and return it, when they are finished with it.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pbutler97 wrote:
Evidently the turdburgler was about.

Now, thats funny right there, I don't care who you are. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks for the laugh. ๐Ÿ™‚
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

dedmiston
It's a whole lot of hubbub over a dump hose.

Slow news day.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Evidently the turdburgler was about.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Someone may have stolen the thieve's sewer hose so they appropriated yours unfortunely..

Can't call them a thief, if just appropriating? The OP still has one left, so this may be a case of paying it forward, to the person in need?

Ya, a disgusting theft, but don't let it interfere with your enjoyment!

Jerry

Maybe its not theft, and not appropriating, but asset reallocation?

I will say, just when I think I've heard it all, something happens to change that. Can't say I would EVER expect to heart about an RVer having the stinky slinky absconded, stolen, appropriated or reallocated, whichever term is most palatable.

Stolen fits perfectly, which is exactly what happened.

Wow....

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my point really isโ€ฆ.who wants someone elseโ€™s stinky slinky? Thatโ€™s just gross.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Someone may have stolen the thieve's sewer hose so they appropriated yours unfortunely..

Can't call them a thief, if just appropriating? The OP still has one left, so this may be a case of paying it forward, to the person in need?

Ya, a disgusting theft, but don't let it interfere with your enjoyment!

Jerry

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Michelle.S wrote:
The question I have to ask: Are you 100% sure it was there when you arrived??
In our travels we have passed a few on the side of the road, which was probably a surprise to the owner when they went to get it.

I'm guessing the bumper plug laying on the ground ruled out lost on the highway...

BINGO!

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Michelle.S wrote:
The question I have to ask: Are you 100% sure it was there when you arrived??
In our travels we have passed a few on the side of the road, which was probably a surprise to the owner when they went to get it.

I'm guessing the bumper plug laying on the ground ruled out lost on the highway...
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500