cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thermostat

N5LUI
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one replaced the thermostat in their RV, can you use a digital one from home depot or lowe's, and what problems will i run into in changing it out?
5 REPLIES 5

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Changing the thermostat is usually the first thing I do.

The Thermostat in my RV's have only run the furnace. Mine only had two wires to connect, a red one and a white one.

The new digital one is so superior to the OEM Atwood analog.

N5LUI wrote:
Has any one replaced the thermostat in their RV, can you use a digital one from home depot or lowe's, and what problems will i run into in changing it out?
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hunter T-stat swap........LINK

I did this swap several years ago. I didn't add the fan switch as I never use 'low fan speed'. Just hooked it up so high fan runs

Another article on swapping.......LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I think it depends upon what that thermostat is controlling. On my unit, the one thermostat controls two roof air/heat pump units plus one lp furnace. If it's only controlling the furnace, I think it would be an easy change.

fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a digital one but you will also need a switch for switching the fan speed from low/high. A toggle switch will do.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
A very east upgrade. The digital ones are battery operated so you will have one wire to the thermostat that you will not use. If I remember right it is the red one.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel