cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on WD hitch need

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a new Jayco White Hawk 32BH. It has a GVWR of 9995 Lbs and a dry hitch weight of 1,100 Lbs. My truck is a 2018 Ram CC 4x4 dually with the Cummins/Aisin combo and a factory class V hitch. Do I need to mess with a WD hitch for this massive truck?
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn
31 REPLIES 31

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
For weight distribution probably not, my truck easily handles our 33' TT weight-wise, but I always use our WD/SC hitch primarily for sway control. We travel by interstate mostly and at those speeds along with the winds we experience out here in the mountain west I wouldn't be without one. I've seen too many, as you stated, massive trucks 15 to 20mph below speed limit do to excess swaying from inferior or non-existent hitches. Congrats on the new Jayco White Hawk, a high quality WD/SC hitch will work wonders for overall towing comfort on such a long TT.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
That trailer, when loaded and ready for a camping trip, will probably have a tongue weight in excess of 1500lbs. In addition, that is a very long trailer that will be able to manhandle even your nice truck if the conditions are right. I would use a weight distributing hitch and some type of sway control for sure! ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine