cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to prepare

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We are experiencing 81 degree weather this morning. I washed the RV as a first step to getting it ready for use. Our last trip was late October last year. Really wasn't very dirty considering the weather we experienced while driving. Yesterday we called and made reservations for our longer spring trip to the mountains. We also plan to make a visit to Gulf coast in short order.
12 REPLIES 12

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is snowing hard right now but the TT is in the driveway getting ready to leave for a month long trip to Arizona, Utah, and Colorado (on the way home.) We will be getting back at the end of April, which is actually spring in our part of the world (wisconsin.)
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Myrtle Beach isn't in the North. We spent a week there last week and one night it was 24. So much for getting warm.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still have one string of Christmas lights I cannot access due to buried under snow and ice. Shady side of the house. But the rest of the yard is clearing fast. Dragged a rake around the exposed grass today. That much less to do later!

We already kiboshed one planned trip to Washington State due to fuel prices (plus a whole a bunch of other unplanned expenses popped up suddenly -- new water heater, new refrigerator, medical expenses).
So we will stick closer to home and boondock a lot. The RV needs new tires, I am hoping we can go another summer without any tire problems (1217 date code, on the ground 02/2018). Kept them fully inflated and covered when parked so I should be OK.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
bgum wrote:
We are experiencing 81 degree weather this morning. I washed the RV as a first step to getting it ready for use. Our last trip was late October last year. Really wasn't very dirty considering the weather we experienced while driving. Yesterday we called and made reservations for our longer spring trip to the mountains. We also plan to make a visit to Gulf coast in short order.

More than a littler lost on "Getting Ready" when you live in such a mild climate.
We live in the PNW and before we went full time, we would go out anytime. Sometimes to the coast to see storms, sometimes for a nice weekend. The 5er was never "unpacked", always read to go!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
ken56 wrote:
Here also. Prepping to go down to Lake Ocoee in Georgia soon. Checking things over and shining things up. I'm ready. Love coming down to Louisianna too. We go to Abita Springs usually.

Lake Ocoee is on our list for this year. Our plans for the trips aren't final yet with too much project to finish. Hope to get out there by the end of the month once the parts from 4Wheelonline arrived and get installed.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Ahhh, you Southerners. Us Yankees are still waiting for the mud to dry enough to tow the rig out to clean. I am jealous.
See ya out there.

Us southerners, last month middle of TX.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I Was thinking about a trip also. I watched the weather channel and then did some laundry. Epic!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Ken56

We had to mow the yard 2 1/2 weeks ago. Due to cool (55 degree) nights it will last a couple of weeks or so now. We are expecting rain in next few days but will be camping late next week.

Hope everyone is in great health for the coming season.
We will see you on the road.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Ahhh, you Southerners. Us Yankees are still waiting for the mud to dry enough to tow the rig out to clean. I am jealous.
See ya out there.

Lol, formerly of Michigan also. Haven't looked back since moving here. Best place I've ever lived. Already mowed the yard this year and I have gone golfing in every month of the year since I've been down here. Lots of lakes and fishing and hiking if that's what you are into. A lot like Michigan but not quite as flat.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
See ya out there.

Many, many years ago when I used to live in Michigan (as a much younger man!), if the temperature hit 33 degrees or better I'd be outside washing my car.

Today, if it gets below 50 at any time of the year I whine like a little girl! :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
See ya out there.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Here also. Prepping to go down to Lake Ocoee in Georgia soon. Checking things over and shining things up. I'm ready. Love coming down to Louisianna too. We go to Abita Springs usually.